Skip to main content
Topic: i think i can,i think i can. (Read 3394 times) previous topic - next topic

i think i can,i think i can.

i had to try to see if this works.for me anyway!
this isnt a picture of my 30th,but at least its a fox chasis.this picture was taken a few years ago after just getting back from the NHRA HOTROD REUNION at beechbend raceway park in bowlinggreen,ky.still kinda wound up.
its my 85ltd wagon trying its hardest to do a gratuitous burnout.(i think i can,i think i can)cant expect much from a 3.8 cfi.

Re: i think i can,i think i can.

Reply #1
Cools, I love wagons. :)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #2
Makes me want a 82 Cougar wagon again to mod it as a sleeper :P

Reply #3
An LTD II! :giggle:  :rollin:  :giggle:
My dad bought one of those in 1993. It wasn't a wagon but the regular 4 door sedan. It looked brand new but my how I hated that car. It never ran right. Glad to see you putting one to good use.

*note: this post is not meant to make you feel bad or to put down your car in any way*

Sweet burnout pic by the way. :D

Reply #4
That's not a II - the II was Panther based, I think (It was not a Fox, anyway). That's just an LTD. And I love wagons too - a HO/T5 would make that a real sweet car :D
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #5
Small LTD, (what he has in a wagon). We had a sedan like the one pictured below. I vaguely remember seeing after the letters "ltd" on the dashboard, roman numerals II. I could be wrong. After all I was 8 years old when my dad bought the car and I hated it from the moment I saw it.  Maybe it's just that I always thought of it being the LTD II since my aunt had the full size LTD Crown Vic. Kind of like the Bronco and Bronco II.
 Let me live in my own delusion! :crazy:

LTD Crown Vic (same year as above) Just like the one my aunt had.

Reply #6
The small LTD's weren't II's though a lot of people like to call them so.  LTDII's were big full frame cars.  Actually, the LTD you have pictured is my very own '84 that I regret getting rid of.  It's my "wish I had it back" car. 

Anyway, yeah.  LTD = Mid-size (except pre-83 cars), and LTD Crown Victoria = Large Cars.

Reply #7
I've seen a photo's LTD with a early model stang nose, but howabout a cougar nose?  :D

Here's my lil red wagon concept of that idea.

Reply #8
That's pretty ed cool :D But I don't know how you'd make the fenders match up with the doors
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #9
yeah that would be fun. You would have to either cut up the fender so it was straight, or cut down the door. I dont think that it would be too hard. Maybe flatten the fender though. That would be a pain.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #10
never thought of that one before.kinda makes ya go hhhhhhmmmmm.might have to take some measurements the next time i go to my dads.how about the 80-82 cougar/tbirds.that might be alot easier to pull off.

Reply #11
I figure it mod newer fox body T-brids and Cougars you'll hafta shave the last bit of the fenders and shave off most of the front fender on the old Wagon,  Some welding, some fiberglass, so bondo, and volia, a 83-88 T-bird/cougar nose on a 80-82 body.

Which kinda reminds me of the guy putting a TC Nose on a 93? Stang. (or was it a 93 Stang nose on a TC...)

Reply #12
[rant] You know...I'd really like to get rid of the Ranger as my daily driver and pic up an LTD wagon instead....I wish my fiancee wouldn't go into convulsions every time I mention I'd rather have a wagon.  She claims she'd refuse to ride in it :rolleyes:

The Ranger is good as a parts hauler and around town it's ok, but it still drives like a truck and the aerodynamics (or lack thereof) kills any mileage on the interstate.  Besides I hate driving trucks....[/rant]

Nice little wagon, 3.8 nonwithstanding ;)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #13
Ithink that concept is pretty cool.  I think I'd like it even more if you could do the fenders a la mid 80's Capri.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #14
Nice little wagon, 3.8 nonwithstanding
84 and up (depending on the area) did come with optional CFI, so the high-pressure fuel supply is already there for that "what should I do with the 5.0 from my wrecked Bird/Cougar" scenario.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!