Skip to main content
Topic: Evolution II..... misc stuff ..... July 26, 2012 (Read 58328 times) previous topic - next topic

Evolution II..... misc stuff ..... July 26, 2012

Reply #270
I never got to the visors, but I finally got the rear brakes to work,
Got the car inspected, and new battery.
Now to find out why the front end pulls all over the place.. there's a lot of play in the spindles, and the struts are moving when you yank on the wheel by hand....

Looks like I may be pulling the entire front end apart next week
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #271
Bad struts? maybe you forgot to tighten a few bolts in all of the excitement. I gotta get new struts and shocks. One thing after a friggin' other lately. Hopefully your fix will be simple.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #272
I have never touched them before....they don't seem right for the car for some reason
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #273
Did they need spacers to fit our spindles?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #274
Quote from: vinnietbird;394099
Did they need spacers to fit our spindles?

no Idea, but the tires rub somewhere when the steering wheel is turned most of the way.... it's getting annoying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #275
Did you install the TC style spindles? If so, and you have the stock Cougar's struts, you may need spacers between the strut and spindle.

Reply #276
it has a 5 lug swap, so still not really sure what's going on... I'll snap some pics when I get a chance later
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #277
If I rmember right and this was bearmax's car, I believe he use mark7 stuff front and back for the 5 lug. I remember it having 5 spoke gunmetal rims?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #278
I remember some front end parts were from a TC, and some from a Mark.... not sure what parts are from what cars... I'll have pics for the weekend..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #279
I didn't get to the front end, but I decided to get rid of these ratty looking visors

and make them match the rest of the interior

this was a practice run.... and I also put a slit on the edge by accident....I have plenty of extra material, and I think it's going to look pretty nice

I'm also going to recover the console cover to match... and maybe add a bunch of padding too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #280
How dis you secure the material to the visor, the cloth before was inserted into the pre-cut groove in the visor. I'm trying to recover my visors and my vinyl seems to be too thick to fit back in the cutout groove or did you sew it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #281
I got it in the groove
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #282
Nice work. Very Nice work !!!!! I wish I had half your talent. WAIT !!! What am I saying.? I DO have half your talent !!! LOL.

Reply #283
got 2 rustfree door skins ready to make their way across the good old USA.......

Destination...... 85 vert in Grand Island, NY. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #284
The door skins will be a lot easier and cheaper to ship that the doors as a whole. Quality rust free panels. Nice.