Skip to main content
Topic: Color match of red pinstriping on white 88 sport ? (Read 1344 times) previous topic - next topic

Color match of red pinstriping on white 88 sport ?

I am looking to touch up a spot of red pinstripe (if possible) on my oxford white 88 sport but I do not know the color match. Anyone know ?

Reply #2
My dad got the trunk lid replaced years ago, my car is also "oxford" white with the red pinstripes. Anyways, the replacement trunk lid was NOT white, so they painted it and then stuck on pin stripes instead. So you can feel that they are stickers when you run your finger over them.

So you could consider getting those sticker-y stripes instead. just a thought.
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Reply #3
I bought a roll of pin strip tape in the mettalic Midnight Black that I wanted . I got it from a body and paint shop. 3M. Very sturdy, very thin. Not like the $6 pin stripe tape at Autozone.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Thanks for that link! Is it still possible to get that color in pinstriping at a local store like Auto zone or Oreilly ?