Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone know what this EEC is from? (Read 1644 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone know what this EEC is from?

E9D is the program code....I looked on the oldfuelinjection site, the nearest code that was there was an E9C and that's a for a 5.8 truck with C6 transmission. Unless someone sneaked into my parts storage and planted this, I've no idea where it came from, or what it's out of. I'd thought it was a Mark VII eec, but now I'm not sure.

Thanks!
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #1
The third digit "T" in the prefix designates a truck application ... could be Ranger / Bronco II, F-Series, or even Econoline van if it had the same calibration as an F-Series for the same drivetrain.  "E9" means 1989 as the original application for the unit.  Without digging through several dozen calibration parts lists, on the pre-2000 vehicles it is a lot tougher to determine the application of an EEC-IV module without knowing at least at least the year and model that it came from.  Mark VII in 1989 used one starting with either E7SF or E9SF identification.

cheers
Ed
84 Mustang SVO
95 Jaguar XJR

Reply #2
My data shows that ECM as being listed for a 5.8w with a 5 speed manual
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #3
Justin, I too came up with one very similar, an E9C, but that one showed as being for a 5.8/C6 in the trucks and vans.

I have no earthly idea where I got this from, but since it's in that particular bunch of parts, it must have been in my '87 notch when i bought it. It was in the trunk, sitting just as it is in the picture above. I simply put the box and all in my storage on a table and saw it yesterday, and took that pic.

I googled the hell out of it last night and beyond oldfuelinjection.com's info, couldn't find anything. Except for a bunch of evilbay links for ones for sale. Not using THAT as a definite "it goes to this, this, and this vehicle" LOL.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #4
I would think that an 89 f250/350 with a 351 would have a very similar computer.  The C6 doesnt have any electronics that im aware of
of.

Travis

Reply #5
^ Right!?

I would think that it would control some minor engine parameters, but as we all know the C4/C6 weren't themselves controlled by the EEC.

The parameters I refer to are simply manual vs auto...the slight timing differences, and the fact that an auto eec won't let the RPM drop quite as fast as a manual unit would..or maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking. (not the first time, that)..
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6