Skip to main content
Topic: Oh why yes that is a T-Bir....*siiiiigh* (Read 1134 times) previous topic - next topic

Oh why yes that is a T-Bir....*siiiiigh*

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/4839374927.html

The title isn't a lie. It IS a bird. Have to give 'em that anyway.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #1
other than the wheels......not bad
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Reply #2
Gotta agree. The wheels kill it but otherwise it's nice
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #3
Well the wheels and body kit scream "I'm poor but have a flashy ride!" or "I have no taste!". Pass. Unless he removes the body kit and wheels that make it look trashy.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #4
Quote from: thunderjet302;442950
Well the wheels and body kit scream "I'm poor but have a flashy ride!" or "I have no taste!". Pass. Unless he removes the body kit and wheels that make it look trashy.

THIS.

I have a feeling this thing is a disaster under the hood.  Ad says V8......  How much you wanna bet that if it IS a V8; it's carbed?  I'm not knocking carbed V8's, I just feel they don't belong in these cars.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #5
Quote from: V8Demon;442951
THIS.

I have a feeling this thing is a disaster under the hood.  Ad says V8......  How much you wanna bet that if it IS a V8; it's carbed?  I'm not knocking carbed V8's, I just feel they don't belong in these cars.....

Actually the last picture has a list of mods. Looks like a stock HO with GT40 intake. How much you want to be the wiring is a nightmare?

Edit: added pictures
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
Invested doesn't equal, half and ask for that.  Good luck with that sale.
Mike

Reply #7
Says "mass air kit" so perhaps it's still FI.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #8
Quote from: thunderjet302;442955
How much you want to be the wiring is a nightmare?

Not much, because I'm in agreement.  That body kit makes the car look like it weighs 1500 lbs more than the average Turbo Coupe.  The wheels.........ugh....

I would like to see under the hood just to know exactly how bad it is.  Note in the interior pic the passenger door panel is M.I.A.  Looks like the car was originally white; or at least that door was.  Wonder if he'll part with the seats and the center console 'cause that's about all I'd want from it.  Used car prices have gone bananas in the past 18 months.....Maybe I'll sell mine for 12K....

On a side note, I've take a shine to late '70's Lincoln Town Car 4-doors

Behold!

AND it's for sale!!!!!
http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-for-sale/1976-lincoln-continental-calabasas-ca-228194100

You could easily get a respectable power output from the 460 while keeping it tame and without losing that boulevardier appeal.  If my garage were long enough, I'd sell the Mustang for this.....I'm serious.  At 232 inches long it's too big for the garage and too nice to keep outside.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #9
For some reason, 70's and 80's...I'm drawn to the Caddy's not Lincoln's. The exception being the Continental Mark III and IV. Rear-wheel-drive being part of the equation, but mainly the body style.

But there's no denying the class oozing from those TC's. That's a beautiful example. I see those ALL over the place for sale, on CL anyway. Definitely not an extremely valuable car right now. And as you said, find some better factory parts to let that 460 do what it's capable of and you'll have a big comfy boat that gets down the road like an expensive car should.

Reply #10
Quote from: V8Demon;442985

My dad had two of those in the day.  1976 then went to an 81.  He hated to part with the last one.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Reply #11
Quote from: ZondaC12;442994
I see those ALL over the place for sale, on CL anyway. Definitely not an extremely valuable car right now.

They're going up.....
http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/cto/4847409493.html - $7500
http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/4846670831.html - $6995
http://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/4798479967.html - $6700

I wish this one had better pics.  Looks like it could be quite the steal.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4803841237.html - $4450

More "seasoned" versions are of course less expensive on average, but you get the idea...

Reply #12
I have to agree I do like the four-door look and that range of years in the continentals

I absolutely used to hate the look of those cars but now as of lately they're starting to grow on me

Reply #13

Behold!

AND it's for sale!!!!!
http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-for-sale/1976-lincoln-continental-calabasas-ca-228194100

You could easily get a respectable power output from the 460 while keeping it tame and without losing that boulevardier appeal.  If my garage were long enough, I'd sell the Mustang for this.....I'm serious.  At 232 inches long it's too big for the garage and too nice to keep outside.

I've got a 22 foot long garage. That would fit that Town Car perfectly. :D

Just swap on a set of Super Cobra Jet aluminum heads, a hydraulic roller cam, and a decent intake and get 450-500 easy horsepower. Stick a decent stall converter in the trans and a 3.27 outback and laugh in amazement as you smoke BMWs and Mercedes in a straight line. Plus you get to cruise around in a quiet land barge. Win-win.

Edit: on a side note SO MANY VACUUM HOSES!

Reply #14
Not much, because I'm in agreement.  That body kit makes the car look like it weighs 1500 lbs more than the average Turbo Coupe.  The wheels.........ugh....

I would like to see under the hood just to know exactly how bad it is.  Note in the interior pic the passenger door panel is M.I.A.  Looks like the car was originally white; or at least that door was.  Wonder if he'll part with the seats and the center console 'cause that's about all I'd want from it.

I really would love to see an under hood shot. If nothing but to marvel at the level of stupidity.