Skip to main content
Topic: Power Tour 2015? Anyone attending? (Read 5210 times) previous topic - next topic

Power Tour 2015? Anyone attending?

Looks like I'll be going to Power Tour again this year.  Gonna try to take the bird again and will have a couple of other cars going ('13 Vette Grand Sport and model A hot rod).  Anyone else planning on going? 

Here is a link w/more info:  http://www.mytrain.com/powertour.html

I will most likely join on the Champaign or St. Louis stop and go to Beloxi.  I would like to go all the way to Baton Rouge as 1.) my aunt lives there 2.) its where my T-bird came from (aunt bought it new there) but I probably wont be able to talk the others in my convoy into going that far/long.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #1
I would love to do it again.  Can't do the whole trip but I might start out and go a couple of days depending on work and family vacation times next summer.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Reply #2
I'm meeting some guys tonight to get registered and to decide what hotels to stay in.  So far we've got me and my uncle in the T-bird, a '13 Corvette Gran Sport, a Ford model A, and a 70's Lincoln.  Also have one other guy but not sure what he will drive.  We are going to do 4 days but not sure if our 1st day will be Champaign or St. Louis.

Anyone else decided to go?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #3
We planning on going. Not sure if we'll be able to afford the whole deal but we're sure gonna try in the Bird.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1986 T-bird 3.8 *SOLD*
1990 Mustang
2004 Mach 1

Reply #4
Cool maybe we will run into one another.  I probably will join in either at Champaign, IL or St. Louis.

Reply #5
I would love to attend! I may or may not make it, wont know until later in the month. I did this in 2003 and took a tent, screw the hotel prices! it was $25 for me for the whole event. I stayed in the parking lot. I did smell like a foot sometimes since it would be a couple of days between showers or water bottle hosedowns. Got voted the guy that had the most fun!

Reply #6
Yeah, they really jack up the hotel prices.  Luckily we have enough people going that I'll be able to share rooms with another guy and split the cost.  That helps but its still a rip off.  I think we only booked one room for less than $100!  Oh well its worth the cost, IMO.  I always have a great time.

Reply #7
Just got an email from Hot Rod...stop #6 on June 11th has finally been announced.  Centennial Plaza in Gulfport, MS.  Thought I'd post this up in case anyone else was trying to decide to go or not.

Hope to see some of you there in June!

Reply #8
I would love to go but my last day in the US Navy before retiring is 8 June. Power Tour already in full swing.

Reply #9
Congrats on your retirement and thanks for your service!

Reply #11
Who's still planning on going? I wish I could make it to the pre-party at the Ring Brother's shop but I had to fight just to get the 7 days off for the tour.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1986 T-bird 3.8 *SOLD*
1990 Mustang
2004 Mach 1

Reply #12
I'm still going.  I registered my 'bird but will probably just end up riding with one of my buddies.  I'd rather ride with someone than driving by myself and being bored.  He has a late-70's Lincoln Continental...its a large barge for sure.  Should be a lot of fun!

Reply #13
Are you guys doing the full tour? Maybe we can catch up and cruise with you guys.

Are you taking the Bird now?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1986 T-bird 3.8 *SOLD*
1990 Mustang
2004 Mach 1

Reply #14
Yes, I decided (yesterday) to take the bird now.  I just hate to let it sit...only put 800 mi on it last year.  We are doing Champaign-Birmingham leg of the tour.  Was that you that posted your car over on bangshift.com?  I wondered if that was a member here!  PM me, maybe we can meet up somewhere.  I've met a couple other forum members on tour before, not sure if any one else would be going or not.

I've got a weird noise in the rear end I need to sort out in the next few weeks.  You mainly hear it when going over bumps and when letting out on the clutch.  Hopefully its just a loose bolt somewhere on one of the control arms or something.