Skip to main content
Topic: How to evacuate an acspoogeulator? (Read 1016 times) previous topic - next topic

How to evacuate an acspoogeulator?

Ok so I am replacing the heater core on my 1988 thunderbird and I got the dash off. Now I just have to get the black box out that is holding the heater core, except that the black box is being held in by the acspoogeulator on the other side of the firewall. Now the only thing left to do is remove the acspoogeulator pipe that's holding the black box in. When I started to remove the pipe the air was compressed and started leaking out, so I reclosed the pipe. I looked it up and the freon in the ac is r12 and your not supposed to let it leak into the environment. Is there a way I could seal off the pipe long enough for me to remove the black box and swap out the heater core. I'm not really worried that much about leaking r12, if that's my only option. But I don't want to ruin my acspoogeulator either by letting in moisture and corroding my acspoogeulator. I can't drive anywhere to get the r12 professionally removed because my cars dash is out. What should I do?

How to evacuate an acspoogeulator?

Reply #1
this was your opportunity to do the core another way.............in my diy link below
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?34998-AND-NOW!!!!-It-s-a-1hour-or-less-heater-core&daysprune=100

your stuck with disconnecting the line I suppose or recover through the fittings at the compressor.