Skip to main content
Topic: door panels (Read 653 times) previous topic - next topic

door panels

looking for red complete door panels for turbo coupe or ls/xr7 cougar 87/88 , reasonably priced :burnout::cougarsmily:

door panels

Reply #1
Wait, do you need the standard or the high series panels? No Cougars after 1986 had the high series panels.
Current: 1986 Thunderbird, 105k 3.8/C5, 2 tone  Midnight Wine/Medium Taupe, wing windows, wire wheel covers.

Former: 1985 Cougar GS 115k Oxford White/Regatta Blue, 5.0, full console, 14" 8 hole aluminum T-Bird rims, Edelbrock valve covers.

door panels

Reply #2
I have a pretty nice set of red panels from an '88 T-bird Sport that I have considered throwing out that I've been hanging onto for years.  I think they are complete.  Don't know if these are the same as TC panels, but they are definitely a 'higher option level' panel than the standard Bird.  If you're interested, please make me an offer.  Thanks.

door panels

Reply #3
nah, those are the base panels, for 87 & 88, ONLY the TC & LX got the high end panels. 87/88 Base panels were of better build quality compared to the 83-86 panels.
Current: 1986 Thunderbird, 105k 3.8/C5, 2 tone  Midnight Wine/Medium Taupe, wing windows, wire wheel covers.

Former: 1985 Cougar GS 115k Oxford White/Regatta Blue, 5.0, full console, 14" 8 hole aluminum T-Bird rims, Edelbrock valve covers.

door panels

Reply #4
I like my 84 panels. They have a cougar head in them. I think that brings the count to ELEVEN.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

door panels

Reply #5
Quote from: Haystack;439388
I like my 84 panels. They have a cougar head in them.
I thought those were 83-only?

door panels

Reply #6
Build date on the car was 04/84 if I remember right. Had amber turn signals too. Matches my 83-84 front end either way.

SOrry to hijack.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

door panels

Reply #7
I have a friend that had a red 83 base Thunderbird with red dash & carpet, but WHITE leather seats & door panels, I think I shared it on here before.