Skip to main content
Topic: Attention all forum members, please read. Problem solved, but still important! (Read 43300 times) previous topic - next topic

Attention all forum members, please read. Problem solved, but still important!

***EDIT*** The money has been raised. Thanks to everyone who contributed, and also thanks to everyone who wanted to but couldn't for some reason. I'm adding this to the top of this post because the post in which I mentioned that we made it might get missed in several pages of posts.

As you all know, this forum is privately run without ads. No attempt has ever been made to monetize this site. The last few years of hosting were paid for by the generous members who donated money in a fundraiser, I believe this was over 5 years ago.

Today I got an email invoice from URLJet, our hosting service. This invoice was unexpected (We had several years paid, and truthfully I lost track of how many years were paid for). Unfortunately URLJet did not give me any advance notice - the invoice came today and is due for Oct 29. The amount of the invoice is $469.94 for two more years hosting. This presents a major problem because I do not have the money, and I don't have the time to organize a fundraiser. I don't even remember my PayPal credentials, for Pete's sake.

I am at a loss for what to do. Christmas is coming, so there is no extra money. I don't have the time, nor the skill, to move the forum to a new host. Use of the forum has dwindled significantly so I'm not even sure it'd be worth it (of course it'd be worth it, but I'm just freaking out). I'd hate to see this forum disappear, as it is really the only resource for our beloved foxes.

I really don't know what to do. And time is of the essence to figure something out. Need help, bad (not money help, but suggestion help). I would even be open to transferring ownership of the site to another member, so long as I was confident that new owner was a true enthusiast who would keep the spirit of the site as it is.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #1
I'll send some funds Friday. Post a PayPal address.

Come on guys, small price to pay for the best forum for us and our cars !!!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
jeeezzzzzzzzz
exactly what Vinnie said  but ill go one better............

Thunderchicken
Call me at 304 772 3411 and I can do a money transfer or use my paypal.

another thing,,,
can you please make a donate icon or somehow not wait till its this late in the ballgame to let us know.
I am more than happy to contribute like many here.

Reply #3
if I re-read this,, are you saying you'd prefer to pass on to someone else?

Reply #4
I would also post this down in the regular part of the Lounge. many don't look up at the stickies.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
I like the idea of a "Donate" button. That should be done :D

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #6
Can we throw out a suggested amount that would  be acceptable by the members. If some members are so inclined, they may be in a position to give more.
The donate button is a good idea as well.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Reply #7
Count me in, donate button, pay pal, whatever you decide.

Reply #8
I'm in to donate
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
I'll kick in some money,  paypal or whatever

Reply #10
i am here for all my fellow forum pals, i can donate something also.  25 members giving 20 bucks and we are good, no?

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #11
I have zero issue donating.  How hard would it be to migrate to a different server?  That price seems high.  My site was about 100 a year....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #12
I'm good for a donation to keep the site up. Just let me know how.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #13
I'm happy with the way you've handled the board all these years (thanks as always!), and I hope it's not too much of a burden for you. I think, for now, we should focus on paying the balance - of course I am also willing to donate generously as soon as a method is decided upon.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #14
Ditto what everyone else said. I'm game. I've learned more that I get from any manual by cruising the site.

Heck, I'd pay for a premium membership to get more pm space, too!
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...