Skip to main content
Topic: Parking brake pedal pad (Read 624 times) previous topic - next topic

Parking brake pedal pad

I'm in need of a good rubber pad that goes on the parking brake foot pedal for my 88 Thunderbird.
Thanks,
Rick
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.

Parking brake pedal pad

Reply #2
Thanks Eric, I didn't think this part would be available new. I'll try one of the suggested auto parts stores. When I released the brake this morning, the pad flew off the foot pedal, it had a split down the side that has the overlap feature that grabs around the metal portion of the brake pedal.
Rick
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.

Parking brake pedal pad

Reply #3
Oh yeah…that's happened to me before. Totally understand. The Help! parts are extremely close to factory quality in my experience.

This is the cheapest I found online for a new, correct pad:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Help-13923-Parking-Brake-Pad-for-1980-85-Ford-Thunderbird-Lincoln-Mercury-/141403430117?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AThunderbird&hash=item20ec4d1ce5&vxp=mtr

Parking brake pedal pad

Reply #4
I tried the Advance website and there are a lot of Dorman parts on there, including e-brake pads, but I couldn't find the one you referenced. I was out at lunch and stopped by the local Advance store, the guy punched in the number you provided me and he said he'll have it for me tomorrow morning. $9.99 + tax. I didn't have to prepay, he wants to make sure its the right part first.
He also told me their in store data base is different than what you or I can access from our computers.
Thanks again for sharing your wealth of knowledge.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Parking brake pedal pad

Reply #5
Part came in and it fit perfect and looks like the original.
Thanks again to Eric.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]