Skip to main content
Topic: before and after (Read 7490 times) previous topic - next topic

before and after

before....4 wheelingX

after.....I like it XX
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

before and after

Reply #1
I had wheels like that for a few years. I miss them a lot. LOL. Nice drop. The car looks great.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

before and after

Reply #2
Your car looks great!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

before and after

Reply #3
I love it

Bitchin !!

before and after

Reply #4
Looks good. What springs did you use?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

before and after

Reply #5
Thanks guys, I used 2000 Gt springs in the back and cut 11/4" out of the stock front springs with isolators. Put new sway arm/link bushings in and the ride is SO much better, no bounce or scrubbing what so ever. 255/40 (9") on front and 275/40 (10") on back. Back roads are so much funner!! : )
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,

before and after

Reply #6
Wow!  Nice upgrades...  Still Titanium Silver Frost paint?

before and after

Reply #7
Very nice! 17's?

before and after

Reply #8
Quote from: BornInAFord;437514
Wow!  Nice upgrades...  Still Titanium Silver Frost paint?
Yea original paint, still has a good shine to it. Maybe a repaint next summer........

before and after

Reply #9
I notice the brick is missing behind the back wheel, did you upgrade the e-brake too?

Sorry, I had to do it ;) Lookin' good!
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

before and after

Reply #10
LOL.....still got the brick when needed : )    cant figure out why the E brakes don't work, tried tightening them up but still no worky

before and after

Reply #11
Quote from: flipnbird;437519
Yea original paint, still has a good shine to it. Maybe a repaint next summer........

FYI: The Mach 1 option with Titanium Frost (YZ) paint costed over $1K (1988 dollars) more standard paint colors and is the apparently rarest of all 88 paint colors (IIRC, only in June 88 cars, unofficially perhaps 50 with that color?).  I had to use 91 Mustang touch up paint (code YX) as the paint shops insisted that YZ didn't exist...  The Titanium Frost paint option, along with the Vermillion Red color, were used to preview future paint colors.  I can't find much info on the option, though. :(

Daniel

before and after

Reply #12
My Mark VII has titanium frost (code YX) as well. Only one out of the three auto body paint shops I went to was even able to mix that color.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

before and after

Reply #13
Quote from: BornInAFord;437528
FYI: The Mach 1 option with Titanium Frost (YZ) paint costed over $1K (1988 dollars) more standard paint colors and is the apparently rarest of all 88 paint colors (IIRC, only in June 88 cars, unofficially perhaps 50 with that color?).  I had to use 91 Mustang touch up paint (code YX) as the paint shops insisted that YZ didn't exist...  The Titanium Frost paint option, along with the Vermillion Red color, were used to preview future paint colors.  I can't find much info on the option, though. :(

Daniel

Daniel, was the 91 mustang YX code pretty close to the Titanium Frost color?

before and after

Reply #14
Quote from: flipnbird;437601
Daniel, was the 91 mustang YX code pretty close to the Titanium Frost color?

Yes, it was very close match, although that could depend a bit on the person or machine mixing the paint...  It was a rare option for 1990-1992 Mustang, too.  Here is the paint code showing Titanium Frost: paint reference.  That is a useful link, BTW, with Ford, Ditzler/PPG and Dupont color codes as well as sample pictures.  There are quite a few pictures of YX painted cars on "silvermustang.com", too, as well as a quick google search.

The standard 1988 silver color (9Z) was visibly different (used on a few touch-ups on the nose of your car, I believe).  I can bring a car (stock 88 TC with 9Z paint) by sometime for a comparison if you want to see a side-by-side.  It should be fun. :)

Daniel