Skip to main content
Topic: A pretty rewarding moment for me (Read 1147 times) previous topic - next topic

A pretty rewarding moment for me

Today i got off work early and didn't have much to do, so I decided to take the BoxFox down to Kentucky and show the (never) finished product to the older couple I bought it from. I'm the 2nd registered owner & it was his dads car that he bought new in late '79, when his dad died in '83 it went into the garage and only had 1,000 miles put on it between then & march 2013 when I bought it.

I pulled up and they both came out and poured all over the car and told me how proud his dad would be. He looked at me and said he had two or three people look at it before me and was really hoping that whoever bought didn't just gut it and s the shell, they drove it around the neighborhood for the first time since 1986. It felt really good to show them something that was pretty far gone when i got it and is now a reliable and presentable automobile, It was also pretty nice to see a reaction that wasn't just look at the weird kid in his ugly orange & brown car lol. I talked to them for a good two hours about everything imaginable, he worked for GM for 23 years & then Ford for 11 and had a 6 inch thick photo album of all kinds of different cars he & his dad had owned from the 50's up to now. Just really super nice & accomodating people which is just something you dont see anymore, couldn't've been a better day for an old car owner.

Also on the way home I hit 58k miles, hoping to keep it under 60 for a while, working to get the 92 bird up and running to be my daily car.

X

Reply #1
That's awesome to hear!  Good on ya for going back and showing them the 'finished' project!
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |
87 TC 5-Speed -- Cone Filter | Bypassed BCS | Stock Daily Driver
66 Mustang -- Pertronix Ignition Upgrade | Slow-Mobile

Reply #2
Neat story!  Any pics of the car?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube