Skip to main content
Topic: Bird #8 (Read 2029 times) previous topic - next topic

Bird #8

1992 Thunderbird 302

Pics tomorrow, going to pick it up then. 40k and original owner but its quite rough. Bad fuel pump, rusted brake line and the interior needs a SERIOUS douching but she is quite loaded, V8, premium sound, ATC, leather, fog lights. I'm not quite sure what im gonna do with it yet but for 400 bucks i don't think i could go wrong :hick:

Bird #8

Reply #1
Nice score. I'd like to find another '88 just for driving around. Can't find ANY Fox Birds around here. Not even at a salvage yard. I happen to have a 255 lph fuel pump for sale as well in the classifieds.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Bird #8

Reply #2
Omg I forgot about these dumb auto belts, but here she is, faded and sad but complete.

XX

Bird #8

Reply #3
Wow that sucker is rough for those miles.  Douche out the interior and throw a quick paint job (flat black?) and you've got a good driver!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Bird #8

Reply #4
Quote from: 50tbrd88;436799
Wow that sucker is rough for those miles.  Douche out the interior and throw a quick paint job (flat black?) and you've got a good driver!

That's exactly what i was thinking, the carpet is destroyed but everything else will clean up very nicely, I'm gonna get the fuel pump in sometime this weekend hopefully and then see just how rough the brake lines are.

Bird #8

Reply #5
Ok, so work took off and I havent had two seconds to touch this car but I started day dreaming about paint options. So far I have 3:

Option 1: stock red. Easy, too easy

Option 2: I have 2 gallons of Aerospace paint that we used to paint interior of jet engines and their vanes, this stuff is  near chip & scratch proof once it dries and i think the aerospace/ thunderbird connection would be pretty neat. I would want to add some SC ground effects and maybe a set of window louvers after seeing the bird in Jade Thinking about all that brought to...

Option 3: USAF Thunderbird style paint job. Something along the lines of the special paint job these guys have on their jets. I think it could look pretty cool, but it'd be a fine line between cool and tacky.

X

This the paint for option 2

X

Bird #8

Reply #6
Stock paint. Looks the most classy :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.