Skip to main content
Topic: Tired of no traction->need help putting togther suspension (Read 5168 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Tired of no traction->need help putting togther suspension

Reply #15
well for the back spacing i don't remember. the rims i have came off of my friends mustang. so if you call jegs or summit and tell them to give you the right offset to fit a late model mustang they should know what to sell you..
you can use stock 10 holes or turbine rims to i had these tires mounted on my stock 10 holes before i bought the welds..

here is a few pictures.. man the last one brings back memorys when the car looked totaly stock well from the out side it looked stock :giggle:  :evilgrin: infact you could'nt even hear the cam lope with lers i had on the car.. man that was so fun even more fun then these days.. back then people i raced had no idea at all what they where up against..  they would allways do this :giggle: :rollin: untill i raced them then it would turn to :eek: :wtf: :dunno: and i would be like  :nono:  :flip:  ;)

oh i allmost forgot you answer on the control arms.. well boxing the stock arms make them stronger but just not as strong as the tubuler
ones.. and on the stock arms the bushings are a  to replace.. and since you can buy new ones in tubuler for only $125.00 in my opinion it is'nt worth it to beef up the stock ones..
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #16
anything to show off some pics...
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #17
why did you choose the 31 spline off the f150?  just curious,, you might have me learning sumthin here

Reply #18
i picked the f150 diff for a few reasons

most of the other name brand diffs are a lot of money and most of them are very good.now in the case of the alburn diff and alburn pro.. these are reasonably priced..but!! and i know what i'm about to say some people would parden the pun"beg to diff"anyway they are known to brake i have seen a number of them busted.. alburn and the alburn pro. and the funny thing is i've seen more busted alburn pro's i guess they can't get the temper in the steal right.. but i'm still not saying their junk but here are the reasons i did'nt go with the an alburn diff or any others..1 price price price 2 in the case of the alburn all of the ones i saw busted where in cars with motors that had the same or more horse power as mine..3 when a alburn is busted it can't be fixed you will need to buy a new one which again cost big money..

now with the case of the F150 diff and why i picked it is.. 1 i spent only about $800.00 to have it set up parts inclued.and that allso inclued the moser axles and that is at New York prices and 2 when the diff needs to be rebuilt"clutch pack" it only cost about $100.00 for the parts..3 i can do it my self..you can replace the clutchs with out taking out the whole diff and don't have to worry about reshiming it..

so far it's bin two years and it's still going strong..

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #19
I'm probably gonna get the Steeda lowers because I don't want the spherical joints (too harsh for me) and the Steeda pieces have 3-piece urethane bushings to prevent binding. I really like the height adjuster for my sagging rear too  :grinno:
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #20
If, after installing all the aftermarket parts you still can't get a decent 60 ft time, take a look at the cars ride height.  When at your normal ride height, the rear lower control arms are slanted down towards the front, typical in a lowered car,  you have no "anti squat"  On acceleration the rear end will unload because the weight is transfered off the rear axle.  If you raise the rear of the car, or lower the axle attaching point for the rear control arm at the axle,  where the front of the control arm is higher than the rear of the control arm, you have increased anti squat.    This will transfer weight to the rear, and in some cases cause the rear of the car to actually rise during acceleration. This is for drag racing only.  For auto cross there are many more things to consider.  BTW, I'm a great fan of Maximum Motorsports lower control arms.

Reply #21
Um, before anyone goes shelling out cash for uppers and lowers, hang on until after the holidays. Trust me, it's well worth it.

(And yes, I know something you don't.)  :flip:

Reply #22
Quote from: EricCoolCats
Um, before anyone goes shelling out cash for uppers and lowers, hang on until after the holidays. Trust me, it's well worth it.

You and your secrets lately...  :brick:

Reply #23
There's MORE secrets?

Reply #24

You think your sooo cool with all your secrets dont you!?! :)

1987 cougar XR7 347 stroker FRP BOSS block 328rwhp 10.89 1/4mile @126mph ..so far..

2005 F150 5.4 vortec supercharged @15psi water methenol injected 450rwhp 14.0@98mph on 22's

Reply #25
Yes. ;) It's just that things are pending and I don't want to let the proverbial cat out of the bag just yet. But let's just say a deal may be in the works. And you will just about poop your pants when things are all said and done.

Reply #26
Yes. ;) It's just that things are pending and I don't want to let the proverbial cat out of the bag just yet. But let's just say a deal may be in the works. And you will just about poop your pants when things are all said and done.

so i have to wait till the holidays to poop my pants?
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #27
Quote from: Tbird232ci
so i have to wait till the holidays to poop my pants?

:giggle: so are we all getting free control arms for xmas or ?

Reply #28

OK, I'm installing my diaper on new years and waiting!  :deal:
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #29
maybe he's just buying us all diapers for xmas and making us cookies baked with exlax... not cool Eric, not cool