Skip to main content
Topic: Grigg's Racing Rack and Pinion? (Read 961 times) previous topic - next topic

Grigg's Racing Rack and Pinion?

Has anyone tried the Grigg's Racing GR-40 Rack or any other aftermarket performance rack?  I'm wondering if there is any improvement in performance to warrant the fact it costs twice as much ($280) as a stock-type rack at NAPA, etc.  I remember reading articles in Super Ford mag in the early 90's that raved about Grigg's systems for Fox bodies.  A lot of time has passed since then, so wondering if folks know of better stuff available now.

Grigg's Racing Rack and Pinion?

Reply #1
It is not a variable rack like the stockers so it is very quick to respond.  I do not think this would be something you would want on a street car as it would not be very forgiving at all.  If you want something better than the stock Fox rack install a SN95 rack with Maximum Motorsports hybrid steering shaft (the Fox rack is a splined shaft where the SN95 has a totally different shape).  You will need to install Fox inner tie rods so they will work with your outer tie rods as the SN95 stuff is metric threaded and the Fox stuff is SAE threaded.  I did this mod to both my Coupe and the Bird and well worth it if you ask me but I was willing to spend the $$$ on the hybrid shaft.

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp