Skip to main content
Topic: 88 turbo coupe wont strart with key normally (Read 762 times) previous topic - next topic

88 turbo coupe wont strart with key normally

just bought a 88 turbo coupe and the previous owner wired up a push button to start the car.i have to turn the key to on press the clutch and push the button and it starts not bad but most of my gauges dont work my turbo spools but no boost i can feel and if i dont unhook the battery the abs canister on the driver side firewall just runs and drains the battery.my air conditing works but lights flash and wont stay solid.ive already cleaned some not all grounds and tried a new ignition switch not lock cylinder on the column but i didnt turn the key to run when installed the ignition switch.pulling my hair out cause im getting really bad fuel mileage since the computer is always in learning mode.any advice where to start?

Reply #1
the reason i didnt turn the key to the run position is because i didnt see a rod from the lock to the switch.am i wrong?

Reply #2
im thinking since its so many problems at once and all tied to wiring....a bad ground but just wondered if anyone has been through the same thing. any good advice is appriciated

Reply #3
Ignition switch i would think!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #4
i just put a new one in

Reply #5
it made no difference