Skip to main content
Topic: Cup Holders (Read 3020 times) previous topic - next topic

Cup Holders

Reply #15
the Kia Sportage has a "pop out" cup holder that is built into the center dash area.
push it in, the dual drink holder pops out.
push it in all the way and it stays closed.

holds a can, or a large fast food drink.

many people dont have an available bay in thier center dash area to add this,, i certainly dont.
people with a storage up there may make good use of this idea.

the reason i like these is that they are simple and only require about 3/4'' height clearance / space occupation inside the center dash area
see examples of what i am speaking to.............
they are very inexpensive and at this time should be widely available

http://www.ebay.com/sch/eBay-Motors-/6000/i.html?_nkw=kia+sportage+cup+holder

ebay ^
i honestly can not say there is **NOT** any other solution for our cars.

Cup Holders

Reply #16
oooooh, put that kia cup holder thing like above the radio? Cuz I do have an empty spot there. I only have a radio and climate control unit. I like that idea.....A Lot
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Cup Holders

Reply #17
Quote from: kylesburrell;435410
hmmmm, i hadnt thought of that! Now Can you keep the ashtray door? That way when you need a cup holder you can open it, but when you dont need it, just keep the lid shut.

But my car is column shift. So I was thinking of putting 2 cup holders in front of the climate control unit.

No because the space necessary takes up the entire ashtray area plus a bit more, unfortunately there's no way possible to leave the door on it.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L