Skip to main content
Topic: O2 wiring changes required from sd to maf? (Read 965 times) previous topic - next topic

O2 wiring changes required from sd to maf?

I have an 88 thunderbird that was a 5.0 it now has a 5.8 and has had the maf conversion done. The car idles poor and the tuner I took it to said the o2's are not working. I have read alot on this with no consistency on what to do. My o2 harness only has 6 wire and the engine harness has 5 with no jumpers. Can someone direct me to a schematic eec pin out for my car vs a maf a9p car?  all harnesses in my car are stock and it has always had an auto, why don't they work now? how did they work before? I know there are alot of post on this already.

Reply #1
How was the MAF conversion done with regards to the wiring?  It sounds like you spliced into the harness you had in the car already.  Is this correct?

The car is still an auto?  If the way I'm reading this is correct and the harnesses are in fact original to the car and correct, then they SHOULD work.  Check your connections. 

Check the following thread:  http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?21560-White-10-pin-connector
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #2
Quote from: V8Demon;434427
How was the MAF conversion done with regards to the wiring?  It sounds like you spliced into the harness you had in the car already.  Is this correct?

The car is still an auto?  If the way I'm reading this is correct and the harnesses are in fact original to the car and correct, then they SHOULD work.  Check your connections. 

Check the following thread:  http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?21560-White-10-pin-connector

The MAF conversion was done by splicing into the stock harness and the car is still an auto. Thanks for the link I will check into it.

Reply #3
I started digging into the wiring,  I found one orange ground on the pass side head and a white/red stripe ground on the drivers side head.  My next step was to ohm out from the head grounds to pin 49 then ohm pins 43 and 29 to the o2's and verify power on the heaters, its raining now though.