Skip to main content
Topic: mustang shock adapters (Read 5803 times) previous topic - next topic

mustang shock adapters

Does Chuck still make them?
I got a wicked deal on some mustang shocks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mustang shock adapters

Reply #1
I'd bet he still has some for sale. PM him a message. I use them on the Sport.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

mustang shock adapters

Reply #2
If he's out, I have a pair i no longer have a need for.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

mustang shock adapters

Reply #3
I'm in the middle of about a thousand other things these days.

Can't commit to making any at the moment.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

mustang shock adapters

Reply #4
I am guessing you are talking about the shims at the lower strut MOUNT. Is that correct?? I normally make my own it is not hard if that is what you are talking about??
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

mustang shock adapters

Reply #5
These adapters relocate the shock mount (lower) in the rear so our cars will accept the Mustang shocks, and, so they will fit correctly.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

mustang shock adapters

Reply #6
Can you post a photo so we are all on the same page. Thanks.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

mustang shock adapters

Reply #7
I'll try in a little while. The stock lower shock mounts that are bolted to the differential are, these take their place. You unbolt the stock mounts, and replace them with the new ones. The new lower shock mounts raise the mounting point for the lower shock to correct location to use the shorter mustang shocks so they will fit and have the proper travel.

mustang shock adapters

Reply #8
I am sorry i thought he was talking about the front strut to spindle difference. The rear is a snap go to home depot and fab up a set that raises the attaching point by the difference in length. That is a simple thing to do. have a good weekend guys

mustang shock adapters

Reply #9
I like the ChuckW pieces. High quality, very professional, and they make me happy.

mustang shock adapters

Reply #10
No question Chuck has assume stuff. I have his Motor Mounts in several builds and i am 100% satisfied and they work and look great. No argument there. But fabbing a set for the rear if chuck no longer makes them or you use the ones 302 offered you you have no other way as i think the longer shocks are obsolete. Not 100% on that just saying. Have a good day off guys.

mustang shock adapters

Reply #11
Decided to use stock replacements instead since I drive it daily, and the roads here in Houston, phew, forget about it.
Plus I have my 02 gt already lowered and man is the ride rough.

Thanks guys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mustang shock adapters

Reply #12
Any pictures of the ones that chuck makes?

mustang shock adapters

Reply #13
I would also like a photo also!!

mustang shock adapters

Reply #14
Here's a pic from this thread.