Skip to main content
Topic: Sweet mercifull ... my 20th is dead... forever... (Read 2585 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Sweet mercifull ... my 20th is dead... forever...

Reply #31
Just saw this thread today...

I feel your pain, man. It is a fear always lurking in the back of my mind that something like this might happen to Roxanne someday.

You say this was your 3rd 20th Anniversary Edition? I wish you luck in finding a good one, but please dont' ever drive it!  :giggle: Just kidding.

Hope it all turns out well. The important thing is that no one was hurt very badly.

Reply #32
Couldn't you repair something like that?
You could probably fix it by replacing everything from the firewall forward, and if it were ten years older you probably would. Right now though the car wouldn't have enough value to do that kind of surgery to (unless it has big sentimental value).

Personally I'd keep it until I found another Cougar, and transfer the 20th parts into that. Maybe even upgrade to an XR7, but use the memory seats, badges, etc. Yes, it'd be an innacurate clone, but it'd still have to be worth more than a genuine but smushed 20th...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #33
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
Maybe even upgrade to an XR7, but use the memory seats, badges, etc...

The best of both worlds "Power and Style". I agree that is what I would do.

Reply #34
I guess i'm the luckiest unlucky guy in the universe....

Someone posted a 20th for sale at 700$ near me in local newspaper...
wow... everytime i totalled one, an other appear... it must be a sign..... or the continuity of the curse i got with the 20th anni.... who knows... :giggle:

The 1968 I found recently at 4500$ nego* ("dealable" in english?) really tempt me...
If the frame is still straith and strong (it looks like and an old man own it...), I gess ill go for it instead of buying a 4th 20th....

Reply #35
Go Get It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #36
****ing stupid insurance jerk...

.... They wanna give me 800$CAN for my car and they even told me its a VERY great offer and i should take it....  Those SOB are totaly crazy....
Kelly Blue Book and NADA quote it between 1,050 and 1.150$US.

i have more than 2000$ in invoice, the interior is new.  Now after I yelled my lung out of me after em, they told me to send copy of my invoices and proofs  that I did the job myself on the car but the evaluator is going 3 week off so they wont be able to threath my new demand before that.... 

Last insurance co. I had gave me 2400$ 5 year ago the exact same car in a worse state than the actual one...

I'ts not my fault but I loose everything anyway.... This is totall :bs:
My summer is ruinned.....

I'm already feeling better just by typing about it.... :(