Skip to main content
Topic: Sweet mercifull ... my 20th is dead... forever... (Read 2584 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Sweet mercifull ... my 20th is dead... forever...

Reply #15
now thats a pretty nice cougar..

Reply #16
Glad my bird aint roadwothy yet(gas tank ready to fall off).
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #17
all i can say is what has been said ...........sorry

Reply #18
That really sucks man, another one  :toilet: for ya.  Now ya gotta make sure the next one is better, if at all possible.
'86 cougar gone to the big yard.
'86&'88 Jeep Comanches.

Reply #19
Here's the  pics....

Sensible minds must abstain to look further.....

Reply #20
Wow. When you kill one, you kill one GOOD!:eek:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #21
That is considerable damage.
It kills me to see a 20th eat it like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #22
Quote from: Sly1990
Yes, i will try to get an other one.....  I'm a real fan of those..... 
I'll try to arrange with insurance to keep the car after they pay me (minus Storing, towing etc....)

The bad part is, since those car are already tough to find, A good condition one is a miracle by itslef.... (At least here in quebec where the salt is king on the roads in winter)

No kidding.... i'm looking everyday in the newspaper for Cougar for sale.... The last one i saw was mine a year and a half ago..... all others i saw were +1990 And even if i find a complete one in a yard, the law forbid em to sell me a car "as is".  I will need to part it out and reassemble it at home because they dont have vehicle selling license.... this is totally crazy....!!!

Try unclehenrys.com they are a local sales flyer...usually a couple of t-birds, and cougars. It's where I got my '86 from
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'91 mustang strictly street-in progress
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

Reply #23
ow. just ow.

Reply #24
Bah, that'll buff right out. :D

Reply #25
sorry man, I cried for you last night.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #26
Quote from: oldraven
Bah, that'll buff right out. :D

That's what i tought...  :bs:  :flip:  :giggle:

Reply #27
I'm not trying to make light of you loosing your car though. I sympathise, man.

Reply #29
Quote from: 88turbo
isnt there a way to rebuild something like that?

Not unless you want some big problems down the line with damage like that the frame is very likley bent.

And i feel for you man