Skip to main content
Topic: seat covers (Read 969 times) previous topic - next topic

seat covers

Hey does anyone know if there are replacement seat covers avaliable for our cars? I have an 88 Bird with a grey leather interior and the front passenger seat has 2 big rips in it and the driver's seat has a small hole. I'de like to replace the seat covers with the same material (factory leather with perforations/small holes). I'm trying to make the car look as close to factory stock as possible except for under the hood :evilgrin: . If anyone has had experience with changing the seat covers it would be a great help. I know I could try to find replacement seats but every car I see at the junk yard has cloth seats. And if this is going to be rather expensive let me know so I can start saving. Thanks. :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Re: seat covers

Reply #1
I'm unaware of any aftermerket seat covers for these cars - you can get 'em for Mustangs, which may be the same as the Sport seats (but likely different colors/materials) but not T-Birds/Cougars.

You might want to try a local upholstry shop - if you remove the covers they may be able to replace the damaged panels

Either way it's gonna be expensive
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Re: seat covers

Reply #2
Thanks I'll start looking for a good upholstry shop.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.