Skip to main content
Topic: oh f#@k and need advice (Read 2295 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: oh f#@k and need advice

Reply #15
Quote from: jkirchman
Might want to talk to Cougars2Go about Mark VIIIs before you buy one.

Heh... I'm not sure his experiences were 100% typical, but something to look at before you buy, definitely.

Reply #16
Yeah you're right.  I think his Mark VIII was built at around 4:30 on the Friday before Memorial day weekend.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #17
update he washiznit by a truck. Pulled out from an obstructed veiw stop sign in a residentail area the guy was flying. My kid mis-judged his traffic gap and got creamed.
quick question though as we will be sharing the next car also i need something with enough headroom for a 6'6" teenager who is still growing. I modified the seat tracks on the bird for leg room, he had enough head room. Looked at an LSC MKVIII and his head hit the roof. anyone every lower a seat? Any other tall drivers out thre have any suggestions
Baylensman 97 XR7

Reply #18
Was the power adjustment on the seat in the mark all the way down?

Reply #19
Mark VIIIs don't require premium.  They have a knock sensor for regular.

Have put regular in both my '93 and my '95 LSC. And there were few (probably none) in 1995 that came with HIDs.  I added HIDs to mine, made a world of difference.
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #20
Quote from: baylensman
update he washiznit by a truck. Pulled out from an obstructed veiw stop sign in a residentail area the guy was flying. My kid mis-judged his traffic gap and got creamed.
quick question though as we will be sharing the next car also i need something with enough headroom for a 6'6" teenager who is still growing. I modified the seat tracks on the bird for leg room, he had enough head room. Looked at an LSC MKVIII and his head hit the roof. anyone every lower a seat? Any other tall drivers out thre have any suggestions

I'm not sure where I read it but I think there's a pin at the back of the seat track that can be repositioned for an additional inch or so of travel... should get him a little more headroom.

edit - Here it is http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/power-seat/power-seat.htm

Reply #21
Quote from: pro-five-oh
Mark VIIIs don't require premium. They have a knock sensor for regular.

That's akin to saying that because your truck has four wheel drive, you don't have to worry about bad weather conditions.  :bs:

Reply #22
My Nephew is 6'5", I redrilled the tracks in his Mustang to gain approx 1 1/2" rearward travel. With it all the way back I feel like I'm the back seat, but he's still a bit cramped. I'm 6 ft, but that boy is all legs....