Skip to main content
Topic: My new transmission, G Force G101a (Read 5748 times) previous topic - next topic

My new transmission, G Force G101a

Hope everybody is doing good, have not posted for a while.
I am still purchasing the parts for my 1985 TC and thought I would show some pictures of the transmission I recently purchased. It is a G Force G101a 4 speed! I am really looking forward to banging the gears with this badass transmission. It has a long V gate shifter and although it is a clutch assisted trans, you really only use the clutch when taking off. No problem at all banging off wot powershifts as that's what it is made for. Most people say that this is an upgrade ( at least for power handling capability) Of a T56. This trans can handle 1000 hp, launching on slicks with a 3500 lb car. I am going to mate it up with a Quick time bell and a Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch. Of course for those who do not know or might have forgot, it is going to be running behind my Keith Craft 395 ci Windsor with a T76 Turbonetics. I still have to build the rear end and get the front suspension together but at least it is coming along but not as fast as I would like.

"][/URL]

"][/URL]

"][/URL]

"][/URL]

After talking it over with Mike at G Force and him seeing my dyno sheets and knowing the build of the engine, we came up with the gear ratios shown on the transmission, running with a 3.55 rear axle gear.

Don't mind the Mustang sign, I have owned my vert since it was new!

I was just thinking that I should have put this in the lounge not here, sorry mods...
1985 Turbo Coupe
1988 Thunderbird Sport
1996 F150

Reply #1
Wow !!!!!

:::drool::: lol

That's a bad ass trans for sure very nice

Reply #2
NICE!  .....makes my Liberty top loader look old.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Reply #3
For that, I'd have my wife sleep on the floor..and I'd be cuddling that transmission. LOL
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #4
Jebus that looks like a hell of a transmission. Makes my 500+hp built AOD look like a frail toy. Nice.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;428690
For that, I'd have my wife sleep on the floor..and I'd be cuddling that transmission. LOL

Me too! I always wonder why women can never understand that....
Guess that's why I am divorced!
1985 Turbo Coupe
1988 Thunderbird Sport
1996 F150

Reply #6
A 500 hp aod is nothing to sneeze at! This car is mainly going to be a strip car so I wanted something tough, that will last and is easily repairable if it does break.
Hopefully the gear ratios will work out good for a high torque turbo car. They should be pretty good running with the 3.55,s and a 28 inch tall slick.
At first I was going to get Dan at CCR to build me a nice 4R70w but when I came across these I decided to stay with a stick. I wont be driving on the street very often, just to the odd local show or club cruise and of course there is now a FFW running at the dragstrip here every summer so I will for sure want to do true street in that. That in mind I did want an od transmission but with the limited street driving this car will ever see I figure I can live with the 4 speed.
1985 Turbo Coupe
1988 Thunderbird Sport
1996 F150

Reply #7
That is the same trans that I plan on putting my Bird when I switch to a manual, that trans will be fun to bang gears and not have to worry about breaking.
Donnie
10 Second NA TBird
Fredericksburg Va

Reply #8
That transmission just looks so  indestructible it's awesome.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #9
There will be issues though with the install. I am quite sure the factory console will not work seeing as the shifter is mounted on the side and I hope I do not have to hack out to big of a hole in the floor for the shifter. I will deal with it when i get to that point. First will be a maximum motorsport k member, coilovers and front suspension install along with getting the engine compartment looking the way it should be. Then install the engine and trans.
1985 Turbo Coupe
1988 Thunderbird Sport
1996 F150

Reply #10
Badass trans! Sounds like a wicked combo you are putting together. For street driving, do you have to be pretty heavy into the throttle to upshift with no clutch assist?
TC#1- 2.5T- 10.14@134....9.76@138 with a 50shot
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car