Skip to main content
Topic: WANTED: Driver's side seatbelt buckle for 1988 Tbird Sport Coupe (Read 536 times) previous topic - next topic

WANTED: Driver's side seatbelt buckle for 1988 Tbird Sport Coupe

I am in desperate need of the driver's side seatbelt buckle (female) and I also need to know what type of wrench I need to remove the bolt.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated...thanks ! :D

Reply #1
I don't have a buckle (sorry), but you will need a T50 torx bit for it.  Get a good one so you don't strip the bolt. Here's a picture from a Bronco (same bolt)

Daniel

Reply #2
Yep  what Borninaford said..Dont waste your time on a cheap set...Sometimes these can be hard to get out.( at least the ones for the rear seat)
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #3
Okay thanks for the help. Yea the bolt is on the side of the seat, but very close to the middle floor console so there's not much room for a wrench. I have access to Craftsman  wrenches so I should be okay. Should be fun trying to remove it though ;)

Another issue I have is that I tried to replace the metal tab in the buckle that holds the seat beat (male) in place byspring tension...I did this by swapping it with the one in the rear seat,  and apparently its not the same size......now the seat belt is stuck inside, and I cant release it. I may just have to break the buckle somehow maybe with bolt cutters  and just replace it altogether which is what I was planning anyways.

Reply #4
What color is the belt? Also, it may be easier to work on if you pull the seat out. It'll have 4 fasteners, two up front, two in the back, and a couple of electrical plugs on the bottom center.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
So are the same T50 bolts used to hold the seat down, or would I need a different size ?

The belt itself is black, but it's covered by a red plastic sleeve