Skip to main content
Topic: 1987 ThunderBird Lx Project (Read 1309 times) previous topic - next topic

1987 ThunderBird Lx Project

Hi Guys :)
Im new to this forum....and would appreciate some input....Heres my Project
1987 Tbird lx 302 H0 Bored .030  (306) ...Gt40 Cast iron Heads Ported...Factory
Upper & lower Intake ExtrudeHoned Port Matched to heads.&5mm Bullet MAF
70MM TB& EGR Spacer..B303 Cam ..1.72 Roller Rockers..Jba 1 5/8 Equal lenth
 Headers Into Mac Mustang Lx Exhaust system,(G.E.R) Modded Aod + 2800 Stall
 Converter...Auburn Posi + 28 Spline axles 3:73 Rear... Tbird Brakes Up front
+ Mustang 11 Drums in Rear (Rear is 93 Mustang )...Tbird factory Suspension.....
ANy suggestions on IMproving Brake system but keeping 4 lug?
ANy suggestions on Suspension Improvements??? im prepping for a 5 speed conversion....
trying to get all the parts .......thanx for your help....and Awesome Forum!!!!1X

Reply #1
Great looking car. Welcome to the forum.

As far as brakes....the larger Mustang GT brakes or Turbo Coupe brakes. The '87/'88 TC has the same size brakes as the Stang, AND, it had disc brakes out back.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Welcome, and nice looking ride!!

Reply #3
nice t-bird, more pictures please

Reply #4
Love birds on bigs and littles .... Nice man

Reply #5
Thanx guys :)
I was reading you can use late model mustang suspension on the fox body tbird with a special adapter from Chuckw????
Any truth to this? wanted to Improve handling....and braking...

Reply #6
Quote from: krimpernyc;421887
Thanx guys :)
I was reading you can use late model mustang suspension on the fox body tbird with a special adapter from Chuckw????
Any truth to this? wanted to Improve handling....and braking...

I believe those are rear shock locators for using fox mustang shocks on our cars.  The Mustang seem to have more performance shock selection.

Many members have used sn95 springs successfully (94-04) and spindles/axles and brakes to convert to 5 lug.  Have to do some changing around with master cylinders if going to rear disc brake but there is alot that can be done.

Reply #7
If you are interested in converting to 11" front brakes, check my classified ad
Currently Birdless but never Foxless

86 Mustang GT