Skip to main content
Topic: Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics..... (Read 48244 times) previous topic - next topic

Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics.....

Reply #255
Well, today I started getting the new valve covers ready to assemble. By that, I mean I had to drill a whole for the new billet breather, and then the new emblems will go on. I also have to install the 1 inch plenum spacer to allow these covers to fit under it, and under the throttle body linkage. Pics as soon as they are done. I have a lot of parts I've had for a long time waiting to go on the Sport. I'll get it all together eventually. Tomorrow morning, i'm going to try to have the front end aligned. That's a NEED, not a WANT.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #256
One of a kind, Awesome looking ride!  Hood scoop, spoiler and exhaust tips all look great!  That color really pops in the sunlight!  Very nice job.

Reply #257
Thanks a lot, I appreciate that. New Z-Spec 5 speed, aluminum heads, new cam, and a few more things coming soon as I can get some time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #258
Found out I have bad ball joints. I can replace them, but decided to let a shop do it. I think I'll go ahead and get new tires while I'm at it and call it a day. That will be my Friday morning.

Reply #259
O.K., new ball joints are in, alignment is done, new Nitto 555 tires will be here Monday, installed on Thursday on my day off. I think I need new u-joints as well. The local drive shaft shop is going to swap them for me while I wait. $40 in and out. Can't beat that. I just pull the drive shaft and take it to them.

Reply #260
Did you get the covers on yet?  I actually had to use a one inch spacer AND a 3/8" spacer to get mine to fit while clearing the throttle like Kate on the throttle body.  Talk about close to the hood!  I had to adjust the metal elbow where the line from the breather goes in to the tb to get it to clear.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #261
I haven't installed them yet. I may wait til I swap the heads and just do it all at once. I have an aluminum 3/8 or 1/2 spacer under there now. Dang, it took both? Holy . I'll know in a couple of weeks. As far as clearance, I have plenty. You saw my hood. LOL. I will post pics and details when I get it together.

Reply #262
Yeah, I needed both.  Finding bolts for that was REEEAAL fun....
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #263
Dang. Allthread and fancy stainless cap nuts on top I guess.

Reply #264
Had the new Nitto 555 tires installed today. Man I like those way better than the Nexen 3000 tires.  I kept the same sizes. 275 40 17 in the rear and 255 40 17 up front. Now to get the rest of the car done.

Reply #265
What valve covers are you guys running? The FRPP finned "COBRA" covers I have cleared the 1.6 roller rockers I'm running fine (no baffle mods or anything) and I just had to run a 1/2" spacer between the upper and lower GT40/Explorer upper for throttle cable clearance.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #266
I'm running a tall style cover.  Polished aluminum.  They need polishing.....

Reply #267
Quote from: V8Demon;432910
I'm running a tall style cover.  Polished aluminum.  They need polishing.....

What brand, just out of curiosity?

Also black crinkle finish=no polishing ftw!
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #268
mine are 4 inches tall. I installed a polished billet breather and some "Powered by Ford" emblems thata re , frm what I can tell, used overseas. I'll get a pic as soon as I can.

Reply #269
Today's progress....I dropped the fuel tank and replaced the fuel filler tube grommet and while I was dropping the tank, to reach the fuel lines on top to disconnect them, one of them snapped at the pump hanger.  !!! o, went to Autozone, no connectors I needed, so, I got some EFI fuel line and made it work with double clamps on each end. No leaks no issues, but I am looking for the replacement lines in the classifieds below. Anyway, the old girl seems to be fine as she is right now.  I keep looking forward to the big work head......... I am looking forward to being DONE with the big work ahead. LOL.