Skip to main content
Topic: Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics..... (Read 48243 times) previous topic - next topic

Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics.....

Reply #240
If tomorrow's weather holds out, I'm swapping the axles and sway bar (Thanks again Jangus). I also got the brand new IAC in the mail today as long as the new Ford racing bearings and seals for the axles. One piece at a time. Need a vacation. One week and I could make a lot happen. Off for three days, but the weather is supposed to go to  tomorrow night....of course it is.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #241
Ever notice the weather is always cold/precipitating every time one wants to/has free time to work on a car outside?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #242
I've noticed it. LOL.

I JUST got finished swapping the bearings, seals and axles, as well as new fluid of course. No test drive yet. Still putting tols away and cleaning my space. I also just got my stereo from the Fed Ex guy, so, hopefully before tomorrow is over with, SiriusXM will finally be a reality. More news later after a test drive.

Going out to finish cleaning and install the new IAC.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #243
Well, this week looks py as far as the weather report is showing. Friday is a high of 69 and partly cloudy. HOPEFULLY I can get the trans in on Friday. Getting closer by the week.

Reply #244
It hasn't been 60* here since November..... Good luck getting the trans in. Hopefully the weather holds for you.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #245
More to do.....Kitz is sending me the heads for the car. AFR aluminum pieces. That can't hurt the Sport. A bit excited about that.

Reply #246
That's way cool

Reply #247
Today....... I installed the brand new gas struts for the trunk lid. Two 40# struts are perfect. Pope the switch, and the trunk lid slowly raises up. The wind doesn't blow it shut either.

I also finally got the new stereo installed and the Sirius XM satellite radio functional. Nice. Now, I have to spent a little time tomorrow figuring out how the whole stereo works. LOL.

I am HOPING the antenna for the satellite radio works well. I put it in the rear window, in opening of the third brake light that faces the glass. I figure after the windows are tinted, it'll never be seen. I can't have the antenna stuck to the body with a wire following it. Not cool. So far it seems to be fine. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I have time to take the Sport out.

Reply #248
Didn't get a lot done. Fabbed a new access panel for the fuel pump in the trunk, and looked at the new valve covers. I gotta do some serious thinking to decide if I'm actually going to use them. I bought them late at night, and wasn't thinking so clearly. I'll need a one inch plenum spacer to use them which isn't a big deal. And I do have the hood clearance. LOL. Thanks for that Jerry.

Reply #249
I fabbed the new access panel for the Sports fuel pump access in the trunk. The other panel was not how I wanted it, so, made the new one. I also installed the new gas struts for the trunk lid. No more torsion bars. The wind can't close the trunk, yet it's still very easy to close. I fabbed the floor mounts and the hinge brackets.

Reply #250
Looks good man

Reply #251
Thanks. Good AND functional.

Reply #252
Trunk lid with the struts turned out great Vinnie. Those torsion bars can be a %#@! to get back in place! Been there done that. LOL.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #253
Mine can't go back in. I taped them together, cut them in half, pulled them out and tossed them in the trash. LOL.

Reply #254
Lol