Skip to main content
Topic: Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics..... (Read 48242 times) previous topic - next topic

Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics.....

Reply #210
Lookin good Vinnie.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #211
Quote from: STANG8U;427682
That is one nice bird I love all the little touches
Any plans to tint the windows ?

Yes, window tint is happening as soon as I can, but I have to finish paying for a couple of other parts first.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #212
Quote from: vinnietbird;427691
Yes, window tint is happening as soon as I can, but I have to finish paying for a couple of other parts first.

Thanks Kitz. I'm trying to keep it mildly subtle. No graphics, no extra emblems (I actually deleted the radio antenna and c-pillar emblems). As far as the exterior, it's done.Under the hood and interior.....still getting that all done slowly but surely.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #213
Yea the car will look good with some tint

Reply #214
The wife says Why that color? Still resembles the little pinto!!  You were trying to copy that weren't you?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #215
I'm really liking that scoop!
Save a horse, ride a Cougrrr!
1988 Mercury Cougar - 5.0HO, 3G, AOD w/shift kit, 4.10 gears in 8.8, Mass Air, CAI, Pypes X-pipe, Pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, Pypes Violator lers
1997 Ford Mustang GT - stock
2000 Ford Ranger 4X4 4.0 - stock
2001 Mercury Grand Marquis- stock
2008 Ford Escape 4X4 - stock

Reply #216
LOL. Pinto. LOL. The last color was closer, but not copying. I like the green because it fits the car, and if I ever run across some Fox T-Bird/Cougar crowds, it won't just look like everybody else's.

Reply #217
Daminc did the hood for me. Flawless work top and bottom. It looks like Ford did it. I am going to have a special part number for it and an "engineered by" emblem.

Reply #218
Coming along nicely Vinnie!  The more I see these cars with the side trim removed, the more I'm tempted to delete mine.  Once they've been removed a few times its hard to get them to stay on.  The chrome center molding is looking pretty horrid on mine as well.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #219
Looks great :).

Needs some more wax ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #220
Love how your ducktail turned out, cant wait to get mine in color. Thats a long way off. Keep up the work buddy it is for sure, one of a kind

Reply #221
Quote from: 50tbrd88;427759
Coming along nicely Vinnie!  The more I see these cars with the side trim removed, the more I'm tempted to delete mine.  Once they've been removed a few times its hard to get them to stay on.  The chrome center molding is looking pretty horrid on mine as well.

Thanks a lot. The center trim, to me, makes it look like those old bumper cars with the black molding all around.

Reply #222
I appreciate you guys. Good family around here.

The Sport has come a LONG way with the help of the family here. Some of you ridiculing me til I submit (Not mentioning names.....KITZ), some with help over the phone to walk me through some kind of small trivial issue that was an ordeal to me. I appreciate all of you guys, and quite literally, I couldn't have built the car without you all, and the forum. Great place to be..

Reply #223
That hood is so spot on.
It's incredible how good that hood looks

Reply #224
The hood is my favorite part of the whole car (thanks Jerry !!!), and was what I built the car around this time (still building actually0.