Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Thunderbird TC for sale (Read 1700 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Thunderbird TC for sale

Well push has come to shove. Found another TC (my barn find) that I want more than my current one. Catch is I cant swing having to at this point and time, so I have to do this. 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, still retains the 2.3T motor, was an auto -  swapped to a 5 speed. Only part of the swap that doesnt work is the neutral safety switch/clutch switch. Still has the Autos 3.73 rear gears, and the 2 wheel peel still works great!! Most if not all the mods are in my sig. Car runs great and would be a good project for someone. I do have other parts that will go along if the buyer so wishes, rust free trunk lid, Full working ABS setup. The front sheet metal was replaced with rust free stuff last year and in the process I added the cornering lights and they are functional as ford intended

Now for the bad:
Quarter panels from top of wheel wells down need work(midwest car), but is more than savable
The PRC shocks/struts are long gone and have been replaced with regulars
Windshield has a crack
Typical 25 year old interior
Moonroof needs replaced

Id like to get $2000 or best offer, Ill work with someone if they are serious about buying. Just trying to break even on it.

Reply #1
That front end looks familiar :hick:
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #2
Just curious.  What kind of wheels are those?  I like them.

Good luck with the sale.

Reply #3
Gee I wonder why!! LOL That was a good trip down there. Glad I made it!!!

Oh something I forgot in the original post the Coopers on it in the picture are long gone and have been replaced with 4 new Uniroyals. The taillights are tinted also

Reply #4
Quote from: sloppyjoe;420837
Just curious.  What kind of wheels are those?  I like them.

Good luck with the sale.
They are Enkei wheels, I have no clue on a style/model though. Ive searched high and low to find out more about them with no luck. Im assuming they are an early 90's rim. Its the one thing on the car that if some one wanted something different on it I would have no problems with it as I love the rims to!!!

Reply #8
I'll talk to my wife but I doubt she'll say yes as she's looking to leave me lol

Reply #10
She said no... it.

Reply #11
pm sent

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Reply #14
I will be sending text message to you

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647