Skip to main content
Topic: Wide groove hla (Read 788 times) previous topic - next topic

Wide groove hla

Looking for a new set or good used set of hla's shipped to 03053. Paypal will be a must. Let me know, thank s joe.

Wide groove hla

Reply #2
I have sets for $47 shipped. I ship and youwill have them in less than 3 days from the time you send payment
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!

Wide groove hla

Reply #3
RDOG, are they wide groove type, or just normal oem's?

Wide groove hla

Reply #4
Be careful. Some "wide groove" HLA's have the band located up too high, and are totally worthless in a situation where you'll be shimming them up in the bore to compensate for a reduced base circle cam, as it will uncover the band and you'll have oil pressure issues.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Wide groove hla

Reply #5
yes thank you, i have read in to that problem, and that seems to be the only ones i can find, with out having to go through bo-port. i should have been more descriptive about what i was looking for.

Wide groove hla

Reply #6
Getting in touch with  Bo over at Bo-Port would be your best bet. I've seen Comp Cams units, and they appear to have the band located correctly.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Wide groove hla

Reply #7
yea been dealing with bo. i haven't had the best luck with customer service. great products, good guy, just looking at different options. ill check the comp cam out first. thanks again.