Skip to main content
Topic: New springs and shocks (Read 3133 times) previous topic - next topic

New springs and shocks

Reply #15
It also says "make an offer"....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-OEM-Ford-Mustang-GT-Suspension-Coil-Springs-/130944735453?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7cea18dd&vxp=mtr

From a lot of the listings I've seen on Ebay, and the cost of shipping in general, make them an offer. That price seems better than most as it is, but apparently he's ready to take less.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New springs and shocks

Reply #16
whats not on ebay lol

good find it would cost close to that out of the yards around me

New springs and shocks

Reply #17
Offer $70 and work your way up if you have to.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New springs and shocks

Reply #18
I need to get a few things for the bird before I lower it .....wish I could right now lol

New springs and shocks

Reply #19
Simple question!!! What is the spring rate load height and wire diameter. What is it,s rate at load height. What is it's effective numbers of coils? What is it's spring rate deflection at 1" load rating.  Springs are a science and all the numbers need to be evaluated. Not just the ride height. Just me!!
Reducing effective coils increases the spring rate while dropping its load height and increasing it.

Sn 95 Will drop a coupe 1 1/2 inches with a lesser spring rate than a cut stock spring!! Increasing wire diameter and effective coils increases its load and rate at height!! DO THE MATH!! Just me being silly again.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

New springs and shocks

Reply #20
So I need to get chucks mustang mounts for the struts but the springs pop into place with no problem? My car had "5 of ground clearance in the front already running stock suspension ( I think it is because of my wheel/tire combo. So should I really expect "3 of ground clearance in the front?
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

New springs and shocks

Reply #21
Quote from: SR71blackbird;418420
So I need to get chucks mustang mounts for the struts ...

Shocks, not struts, for the rear of the car.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

New springs and shocks

Reply #22
Oh okay. I think I talked about this with you before chuck about getting buying mounts from you. When will you be making another batch?
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

New springs and shocks

Reply #23
Tom, I have to say, I didn't do any math. I figured it like this.....An SN-95 Stang weighs as much or more than my car. The SN-95 has a nice road feel to it (although tire types can change that feel). Soooo, I installed them on my car, and it did a few things.....1. It lowered the car about two inches.  2. The car drives great, like it did with the stock springs, but lower, and 3. Still hauls whatever I've always hauled (parts, groceries, people.....) without any issues at all. With so many people who have already used these springs, I'd consider them to be  tested and approved. If it was a whole new part nobody had ever used on these cars, then yes, we would need to look into that, but it's already been done. There's a thread on here somewhere that posts the spring rates and such on the SN-95 springs, and our stock springs..

New springs and shocks

Reply #24
Quote from: SR71blackbird;418426
Oh okay. I think I talked about this with you before chuck about getting buying mounts from you. When will you be making another batch?

I have some now, seeing as a couple folks who said they wanted some haven't bothered to respond. You snooze you lose.

Quote from: vinnietbird;418431
Tom, I have to say, I didn't do any math. I figured it like this.....An SN-95 Stang weighs as much or more than my car. The SN-95 has a nice road feel to it (although tire types can change that feel). Soooo, I installed them on my car, and it did a few things.....1. It lowered the car about two inches.  2. The car drives great, like it did with the stock springs, but lower, and 3. Still hauls whatever I've always hauled (parts, groceries, people.....) without any issues at all. With so many people who have already used these springs, I'd consider them to be  tested and approved. If it was a whole new part nobody had ever used on these cars, then yes, we would need to look into that, but it's already been done. There's a thread on here somewhere that posts the spring rates and such on the SN-95 springs, and our stock springs..

This.  They have been tried and used.  I dug into all the rates, etc back when I was at KB. I primarily wanted the rears, as I had other fronts, but the dynamics are close enough between the cars. The SN-95 spring thing has been discussed to death on this site.

New springs and shocks

Reply #25
Oh sweet! Can I buy a pair? If so, how would you like the payment?

New springs and shocks

Reply #26
See my posting in the Vendor section.

New springs and shocks

Reply #27
Soon i will be making adapter cups for the rear springs to accept the universal Eibach red series springs so choices will be unlimited. But i cant say when i would get them done, but when i do i will post them up in the vendor thread on here.
1986 Ford Thunderbird
!!COMPLETED!! 427 ci ROUSH engine swap<<!NEW! Fed by a Holley Terminator EFI setup/ custom COP setup ignition
 8.8 rear. with 4:10 gears, Eaton Trutrac diff, 31 spline axles and external breather system. Had it cleaned, sandblasted, and powder coated.
Holley Terminator EFI with custom made CNP ignition system

"Its kind of like driving the red headed step child of the mustangs" :hick: