Skip to main content
Topic: Sleeper (Read 6391 times) previous topic - next topic

Sleeper

Reply #30
That is GREAT!  but it needs the steel wheels with hubcaps and the pine scent air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror.. I may just have to steal the drivetrain from the wifes  06 GTO and do it.

Sleeper

Reply #31
White ford ranger rusted rockers and a ladder rack with a used 306 and a t5

Sleeper

Reply #32
All stock f150 lers with cut outs

Sleeper

Reply #33
Box bird grandpa special as plush as they made them. 302 with 289 crank and rods, 4r70w, roller block ome decent cam, gt40 heads, 4.10's spool and lsc turbines with a 5lug swap or crown vic turbines.

86 lincoln continental with a beefy efi 351

Sleeper

Reply #34
My slightly lifted 98 ranger with a supercharged 302 has surprised more than a few truck owners.

A sleeper idea i've always liked is a 03-04 mercury grand marquis with a 4v 4.6 cobra terminator swap. Upgrade the blower and the fuel system, and you have a reliable daily with 600-650 rwhp.
87 Thunderbird 5.0
Engine: 97 p-code explorer block, heads, and intake; 88 HO cam, 1.7 RR's, A9P, Kenne Bell 2.1 Flow/Blow 8psi, 42lb injectors, LMAF, 75mm TB, Tuned by Don Lasota
Trans: 02 Stang 4r70w with Baumann TCS
Suspension: Front: 03-04 cobra springs and struts, TC rack. Rear: CHE arms, ChuckW shock mounts, Bullitt springs and shocks
5 bolt with 95 mustang front and mark vii rear.
TC 3.73 L/S rear
03-04 SVT Cobra 17x9's with 275/40r17's.

Sleeper

Reply #35
Quote from: a77cj7;418887
My slightly lifted 98 ranger with a supercharged 302 has surprised more than a few truck owners.

A sleeper idea i've always liked is a 03-04 mercury grand marquis with a 4v 4.6 cobra terminator swap. Upgrade the blower and the fuel system, and you have a reliable daily with 600-650 rwhp.

I saw a mercury marauder at the track running high 10s with a terminator swap. Motor was fully built to handle more boost. The car would have looked stock if it didn't have big wrinkle wall tires on it. As for me my thunderbird has been a decent sleeper. People aren't afraid to race it until they hear the turbo spool and by then its too late. Most people probably figure its a waste of time to even race an 80s tbird. Lol. I'd love to build a crown Vic sleeper because my first car was an 84. Now that I'm older and more skilled, I'd love to find out what could have been. The build would be simple. A low budget small block with some boost. Maybe a t56. Not crazy fast, but would definitely surprise some people.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Sleeper

Reply #36
My t-bird is my main sleeper currently, way too much fun since the fart can imports can't leave it alone. I guess a beat to hell t-bird with significant hail damage and a rattle can paint job can't actually be fast.
My only two obvious give aways are my exhaust note, 2.5" duals with glasspacks, exiting in front of the rear tires; and my wheels, 04 svt cobra 17's. Import guys never seem to catch on, but i've had some mustang owners notice something isn't right. I guess you just have to learn the difference to a rusted off ler vs a healthy 5.0 idling.
Chris
87 Thunderbird 5.0
Engine: 97 p-code explorer block, heads, and intake; 88 HO cam, 1.7 RR's, A9P, Kenne Bell 2.1 Flow/Blow 8psi, 42lb injectors, LMAF, 75mm TB, Tuned by Don Lasota
Trans: 02 Stang 4r70w with Baumann TCS
Suspension: Front: 03-04 cobra springs and struts, TC rack. Rear: CHE arms, ChuckW shock mounts, Bullitt springs and shocks
5 bolt with 95 mustang front and mark vii rear.
TC 3.73 L/S rear
03-04 SVT Cobra 17x9's with 275/40r17's.

Sleeper

Reply #37
My TC is a sleeper to most besides the bigs and littles

It's sad but most people don't even know what a TC is uhh lol

Sleeper

Reply #38
I'm currently driving a Subaru Legacy Outback. My 1 co-worker thinks we should get a wrecked WRX and swap the engine and manual trans into it :)

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]