Skip to main content
Topic: what kind of rubber do you have on your bird? (Read 2078 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: what kind of rubber do you have on your bird?

Reply #1
Mickey Thompson Sportman fronts and 26X11.5 ET Streets rear on Weld draglites.
mods: SDS DFI, ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), Solid lifters, Esslinger roller cam #2277,adj. cam pulley, custom upper and ported lower intakes, 60-1 stage III .63 turbo, powerstroke intercooler, 60mm throttle body, 75pph injectors, Walboro 255HP pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header, 3" exhaust, MSD 6al, MSD coil, MSD Launch Control, MSD 8.5mm wires, K&N filter,  Spec stage III clutch, Hallman boost controller, Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15

Reply #4
Bridgestone FUZIONS 235-45-17 all around on 17x9 Cobra R's
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/665379

1983 TurboCoupe-T3 .60/.63, 3" exhaust, Motorsport front mount, PJ, large VAM, green tops, 8.8" w/ 3.55's, 13.72@97mph
1985.5 SVO
1984 Fullsize Bronco- 300, NP435

Reply #5
factory wheels and tires

Reply #6
Boyd Coddington 5 Spoke polished wheels wrapped in BFG Radial T/A  235/60/15's on my 83' Cat.

Great tires.    Not a single complaint.
To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

]Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply #7
245/50/16 Toyo Proxes FZ-4 on stock snowflakes.

Reply #8
trojan mounted on schlong
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
^ now only if u had a place to put it...:rolleyes: lol

Reply #10
:laughing:

Reply #11
I gots BFG's on turbines, tires are 235/60 in back, 215/70 up front, gonna go soon to 225/60 all around, car looks like it has air shocks, and I hate that ola!
Gonna stay with with the BFG radial TA too, they've been good to me so far.....
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #12
dont feel bad with the goofy tires, my 88 has 215/70 in the rear and 205/65 in the front lol but they were all laying in either my shed on my uncles shed and the car needed tires badly. Will be getting 225/60 for front and like a 255/50 for the rears.

Reply #13
:evilgrin: well, that still isn't as bad as the set-up I had....
had 275/60/15 tires on the back for awhile, and any driving whatsoever, I couldn't keep the  car straight, dunno whether the bad struts up front were to blame, with the camber angle being thrown off (even more), or the sidewalls on them thar truck tires on the back...
they were BFG radial T/A's...
but man, i had to get them off the car, before I wrecked or got a ticket!
I've since got new struts on the front, and she handles worlds better, and doesn't bounce the tires off the road any more either.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #14
Some Asian Cheap Brand 205 60 15 . They cost me 3 years ago 37 dollars each. They are still in very good shape...

1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150