Skip to main content
Topic: new shoes! (Read 4797 times) previous topic - next topic

new shoes!

The car is filthy... and raggedy dented lookin, but I love the wheels!

Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |
87 TC 5-Speed -- Cone Filter | Bypassed BCS | Stock Daily Driver
66 Mustang -- Pertronix Ignition Upgrade | Slow-Mobile

new shoes!

Reply #1
I dig the wheels man.... also like the plates.  If you dont mind me asking what did they run you?
84 TC - under contruction
2018 F150 2.7 4x4 STX
98 F-150 XLT - 4.6, auto, 4x4, extended cab

new shoes!

Reply #2
Very nice!

I have the same wheels, but mine are not as clean.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

new shoes!

Reply #3
very cool!!

new shoes!

Reply #4
Thanks, guys - Back in the day I would have killed for some Cobra R's, but now that everyone has them I wanted to do something a little different. (no offense intended there as they are still some of my favorite wheels).  These are going to be a hell of a lot easier to clean than the 10-holes.

croga001 - I paid a total of $835 for the wheels and tires with free mounting, balancing, nitrogen fill, and shipping from American Muscle.  Then they sent me a $100 "voucher" for buying them, which I used to get some new lug nuts, a shifter , and a new lug wrench kit.:headbang:  I thought it was a really good deal.
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |

new shoes!

Reply #5
I am not a fan of black wheels, but on your car,, they work. Nice choice.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

new shoes!

Reply #6
love it very nice

new shoes!

Reply #7
17's?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'88 cougar 331 supercharged build in progress
'95 Blazer solid axle swapped 4X4- daily driver

new shoes!

Reply #8
Quote from: supercharged88;416302
17's?

yessir - 17x9
Brian Leavitt

new shoes!

Reply #9
I agree with the too many Cobra R's....its true...but the wheel does rock.

Anyways I like the look of the Terminator Cobra wheel...I didnt know they made a 4 lug model... looks good.

Travis

new shoes!

Reply #10
Your black ones look good on your car!  It does give your car a "don't mess with me" look and is different than the common Rs... :cheers:

I wish they made them in silver to go on my silver 88.  The choice is chrome (which I don't wan't right now) or black (which isn't the look I'm going for, although they can work on a silver car).

new shoes!

Reply #11
Quote from: BornInAFord;416348
I wish they made them in silver...

Me too!  If they did, I would have probably gone that route.  Even better would be anthracite... I really like that finish.  Anyways - I'm not much of a chrome lover so black was the natural choice for me.
Brian Leavitt

new shoes!

Reply #12
Heh, even though it would be hard do this to new rims, maybe I'll get black and powdercoat them silver or anthracite...  I thought I've seen silver before, but don't think they were 4 lug.  My hardware (brakes, etc) are in too nice of condition lose them for a 5 lug just for wheels.

new shoes!

Reply #13
very cool, i was going to get a set of those too.
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

new shoes!

Reply #14
Brian, what offset did you get--+20mm?  I'm thinking of getting silver ones for my 88. :)