Skip to main content
Topic: Full digital cluster (Read 839 times) previous topic - next topic

Full digital cluster

Anybody got one left over from an buttstuffog swap, or ding enough of them that you could let one go?
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Full digital cluster

Reply #1
there's one.at the yard I could probably pick up cheap. id have to see what they'd charge, but I'd give it to you for $5.over my cost.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Full digital cluster

Reply #2
Much appreciated, let me know!

Full digital cluster

Reply #3
I.gotta clear out some pm's so I.can shoot ya one. ill let you know tomorrow afternoon.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Full digital cluster

Reply #4
I hope you're up to the task of converting, it's quite in depth.  You'll need a fuel level sending unit, an oil pressure sending unit, a coolant temp sending unit, and that doesn't even start to cover converting the dash harness to accept it.  If you do attempt it, however, I've been holding off on my write up about how I changed the odometer of my full digital to match the odo of my base cluster.

Full digital cluster

Reply #5
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;415435
You'll need a fuel level sending unit,QUOTE]

exactly,,, and i am still open to converting one over.

there is a thread in my diy link about this,,
i want to rework the standard sender to have it electrically sweep in the opposite direction.  the total ohms wont match but............... we have concluded the total ohms may be enough represent Full and empty for the full electronic cluster configuration.

i just dont have a standard sendor spare to muddle through.

the great one "project evolution" may still be interested in this, if not for the simple sake of solving the puzzel, i know you'll want to be a part of it as well.
at the end of the day, its all about options.

Full digital cluster

Reply #6
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;415435
I hope you're up to the task of converting, it's quite in depth.

I a'int skerd, but I do appreciate your concern. :tetas:
I am open to reading any and all related write-ups that I have not found in the search already.

Full digital cluster

Reply #7
hitting the yard tomorrow. ill let ya know.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Full digital cluster

Reply #8
sorry, I'm a fiber optics lineman. Sunday right as I was getting tl the yard I got fiber hit call. I am going to the junkyard today. shoot me a pm or call/text. 801637six814 -Kevin.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.