Skip to main content
Topic: Full electronic cluster question about voltage potential on battery meter (Read 2511 times) previous topic - next topic

Full electronic cluster question about voltage potential on battery meter

Reply #15
Hi jcassity. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. But, I found a couple of products that you may be interested in looking at. Here they are:

http://www.hypertech.com/products-max-energy-econ.aspx

http://www.bullydog.com/electronics.php

You could mount one of those (a Bully Dog?) anywhere you would like.

"Everything the Power of the World does is done in a circle." ~ Black Elk, Oglala Lakota Holy MaWikiquote

Reply #16
Once again, OBDII (96-newer) vehicles. Our cars don't have networks, or datastreams, or generic scan tool connectivity.  J knows what he's doing, what he's asking, and what he needs.  What he doesn't know yet is how much juice it takes to cook the printed circuit film on the back of the cluster. 
To be clear: No device will plug into our cars and tell us ANYTHING except how many times the PCM pulsed voltage to the scan tool (which directly represents the code number).

Reply #17
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;416214
  What he doesn't know yet is how much juice it takes to cook the printed circuit film on the back of the cluster.

exactly~!

At least i have some good OBDII links to a product line that is interesting, the info in those links are pretty good reading and i think are very useful.  There's dozens of opportunities for us to post up applicable and sometimes not applicable info, nontheless, we can filter through it.,, no biggie.  if you dont eat , breath & sleep "80's fox body" cars , it can become a unique niche over time.  Hell, for that matter, we cant even take our cars to a dealer anymore, they dont have the tech, staff or the tools to work on them anymore, scary but true the wrenches who fix things today were probably not alive when these cars were made,, im not putting the good work down that we have available today at dealers, its just that over time you have to start doing your own "due diligence" in schooling yourself on every little thing on these cars to the point you suddenly appreciate how simple they really are.