Skip to main content
Topic: Got a suction cup mount for the GoPro! (Read 1140 times) previous topic - next topic

Got a suction cup mount for the GoPro!

I've been meaning to get one - was in Target yesterday with my boy picking out his birthday cake and ended up picking one up.  I was totally paranoid that the thing was going to fall off the car at some point, but it hung on like a champ.  I wish the Hero's had better sound, but here's the (hastily edited together) clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIn1CQROrLI&feature=youtu.be
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |
87 TC 5-Speed -- Cone Filter | Bypassed BCS | Stock Daily Driver
66 Mustang -- Pertronix Ignition Upgrade | Slow-Mobile

Reply #1
Nice!
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #2
I got brave and stuck my GoPro on my Capri going around Talledega Motor Speedway and was VERY nervous!!!! It stuck well and was good for at least 80mph!!! Cool video, I need to dust mine off and use it alot more!!!
My toys:
Two 84 Turbo Coupes-twins
Two 86 Mercury Capri's-one's stock, one's NOT
93 Mustang LX 5.0-3,980 miles, 100% factory
55 Ford Customline-I6 powerhouse, waiting on a plan
95 F350 Dually-KILLER, don't ask why
94 Bronco XLT-going to be a lowered 2 wheel drive

Reply #3
Thanks, fellas - Stinger says he uses a tether with his.  I hadn't thought of that, but I'm going to use one from now on so I don't feel the need to check if it's still there every 10 seconds!  Where's that video of the Capri anyways?  I'd like to see it.
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |
87 TC 5-Speed -- Cone Filter | Bypassed BCS | Stock Daily Driver
66 Mustang -- Pertronix Ignition Upgrade | Slow-Mobile

Reply #4
Nice. The motor and bov sound pretty good.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.