Skip to main content
Topic: 1986 xr7 (Read 2072 times) previous topic - next topic

1986 xr7

Havent been on here much as of late but figured I would post this if there is any interest. I most likely will be changing careers and therefore moving and will no longer have the space, time or ability to keep all 6 of my cars. Its on ebay now and can be had for cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XR7-/271157432140

1986 xr7

Reply #1
I have my trailer hooked up,how much is cheap?

1986 xr7

Reply #2
Ebay ad ends in 4 days, it is getting close to reserve. I can contact you at auction end if you like. I have a 83 Bird going on next if interested, then quite possibly a 80 Bird

1986 xr7

Reply #3
-if only ifs and buts were candy and nuts.....sigh....:punchballs:

Dan if it dont sell, pm me afterwards....thanks
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

1986 xr7

Reply #4
I've always loved that car.  I hope it goes to a good home.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

1986 xr7

Reply #5
That thing is clean

1986 xr7

Reply #6
Why is the good steering wheel in the trunk? ;)
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

1986 xr7

Reply #7
I bought it but never put it on, the good steering wheel has a t bird horn button in it but I do have the proper cougar one now also. The other stuff in the trunk is NOS tail light, un-broken seat belt buckles, parts turbo, painted grille, fog light covers, and probably other small items

1986 xr7

Reply #8
Why are all the good ones back east?

If I had the fundage to buy it AND get out there to drive it home, it'd be a done deal.

Hope a fanatic gets it..that's way too nice to be some high school kid's beater.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

1986 xr7

Reply #9
It is good looking. I need to find how much it would be to ship.

1986 xr7

Reply #10
I do know a guy local to me that has a company that transports cars, he has hauled cars for us all over the country, I can get his info to anyone that might want it. As far as driving it, I wouldnt be afraid to drive it across the country, only issue I ever had was when the original ignition switch started to come apart as they do it balked at starting down town. I wiggled the key, spoke poorly of its mother, apologized for my poor choice of words, started it drove home replaced the switch and we got along happily ever after.

1986 xr7

Reply #11
Stuart, dont know how to put pics in a pm so I will add them on here once it warms up a bit in my garage. Clay I am waiting to hear back on the shipping est. Car didnt hit reserve on ebay but did go to 2040, but due to ebays fee structure I would have been better off if it had only gone to 2000.01  The 39.99 difference will cost me an extra 65 in fees if I send the second chance offer.

1986 xr7

Reply #12
Quote from: poppop;409664
I have my trailer hooked up,how much is cheap?

Make an offer I would rather it go to someone who knows what it is than somebody looking for a winter beater.

1986 xr7

Reply #14
I wish you weren't so far away, I would be all over your 80 Bird. and maybe this Cougar too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked