Skip to main content
Topic: Check out what I recieved from one of our board members! (Read 1948 times) previous topic - next topic

Check out what I recieved from one of our board members!

Take a look at a Spoiler I purchased from a fellow board member. 

This is what I received after stating in three different PM's that I was only willing to buy it if there were no spider cracks in the paint.

Ya think I have case for a refund?

Reply #1
It will buff out lol

But yea that's kinda messed up

Reply #2
I sure would be hoppin' mad about receiving that thing. Especially if you asked him specifically about any spidering. Who was it? The rest of us should know who pulled this .
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #3
I sold him the FMS kit, and I stated the paint was weathered

Reply #4
You didn't ask for pics before you paid for the part?

Reply #5
Quote from: 88turbo;407130
I sold him the FMS kit, and I stated the paint was weathered

Could I get a poll of who (other than Graham -88turbo) would discribe this spoiler as having no spider cracks, but just has weathered paint?

Reply #6
Quote from: Big B;407132
You didn't ask for pics before you paid for the part?

Yes I did.  I asked for up close photos so I could see what it looked like.  Was told: "It's up in the garage and hard to get to".  Sent me pics of it on a car in a field.  I responded:  It looks dried out and in rough shape".  His response: "No, it's in good shape".  Then, I again state the condition of sale: "OK, as long as there are no spider cracks in the paint" 

Our board is a small community.  There is a bit of faith which usually goes into dealing with other board members.  It appears mine was misplaced.

Small communities have a way of policing themselves...

Reply #7
Ok look, I did not intentionally try to rip you off..  these parts are very usable given some prep work. I did not sell you junk

Reply #8
One mans junk is another's treasure.

A detailed description can solve all these kinda problems

I try not to take sides because everyone has different opinions   

But that is in rough shape

Reply #10
Quote from: 88turbo;407139
Ok look, I did not intentionally try to rip you off..  these parts are very usable given some prep work. I did not sell you junk

Graham.  It is your actions (or lack of) which are in question, not your intent.  The pics make it clear:  What was sent & received is not what I agreed to purchase.  It's easy to make this right, I  simply want a refund.

Reply #11
Quote from: 88turbo;407146
25+ year old paint, yep still gonna be show quality

Graham,

Come on now with the age of the paint, look again at the pics.  The paint isn't the issue, it's the underlying Urethane that's a mess. 

This stuff is not like refinishing fiberglass or metal.  Rough is kind description for that piece!  I didn't' even show the pics where it's broken and someone drilled holes in it. 

It's simple to see the spoiler isn't free of spider cracks and I have the PM's which show I stated three times that it was a condition of the sale.  I can provide copies if needed.

We'll both be out the cost of shipping and we'll both be a bit wiser.  You can sell it someone else with full disclosure or use it on your own car. 

Just refund what I paid and this is over.

Reply #12
Quote from: 88turbo;407139

There you go. Admission that the part isn't usable until some prep work goes into it. It's pretty clear that someone looking for a part without spider cracks isn't looking for something needing work to make it usable but rather something that is already usable. When I'm looking for a car and someone states it's in great shape, then I show up to look at it and call them out on the list of reasons why it's not in great shape, they reply with 'well yeah but if you just do this this and that, it will be a great car.' But what it CAN BE or WILL BE is different than WHAT IT CURRENTLY IS and the price should reflect the amount of work needed. Sorry but this sort of  is quite aggravating and borderline fraudulent.
Some people would rather pay more on something that is already straight to save time on making it right and others would rather save money on something needing work because they can save even after putting the time in or they enjoy that type of work.

Quote from: 88turbo;407146
25+ year old paint, yep still gonna be show quality

The age doesn't matter.  That  like 'nice for a 25-year old car' is useless and extremely subjective.  Whether it's 5 years old, 25 years old or 55 years old the standards for great shape, nice shape, needing work, project, etc are the SAME.  I have a FMS spoiler as I'm sure other people do and believe it or not, it is possible for parts and cars to still be in great shape over time.  Putting the excuse 'for it's age' says nothing and is more of a cover-up on the true condition than anything else.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #13
Check your PM's Mark,  I will handle this.  no more need for a public bashing.  Thanks

Reply #14
Quote from: Cougars 2 go;407151
The age doesn't matter.  That  like 'nice for a 25-year old car' is useless and extremely subjective.  .

and yet going into the purchase *no one* found it prudent to "plan for the worst but hope for the best"
this unto itself is rediculous knowing your buying a part that is this old.  sounds to me that someone wanted to bolt something on today after a can of spray paint and got mad.

Better yet, ill go out on a limb her (just a dumb white boy from wv but),, id suspect you made a *choice* to bring this issue up in public rather than discussing it over pm first which is where it should belong.  I would think bringing this to the public forum is as a result of 88Turbo's lack of partition in resolving the matter and your simply exhausted and want to vent over the matter. 

Choosing to do so tells all of us on the board something else as well, we better be even more careful working with you because your core values of the way you handle things is very agressive and irresponsible, moreover its wreckless at best.

regardless of the condition or the sale, you specified no spider cracks and no one could verify this unless the paint were to be removed by the seller.  Verfication of this would obviously change the current state of the product you purchased,, this might have been a good thing for you because then you would have had part of the work done for you so you could repaint. 
I personally think the requirement you made was a little on the thick side because you obviously had pictures that supported the idea that regardless of condition, you knew full well going into the purchase that the item needed work...and you took the risk hoping it did not.

post 14 probably would have transpired over pm but now its here,,,,,,,,,,SHAME ON YOU 88turbo,,, LOL

Another limb i will go out on,,,
I suspect that the root cause for our issue is the fact that you feel the money you paid doesnt match what you purchased. 
Now having brought this idea up, i apppologize for everythng i have said if you paid a bunch of money for this.  I would expect it to be in perfect condition if i paid top dollar.