Skip to main content
Topic: Nice looking 88XR7 (Read 792 times) previous topic - next topic

Nice looking 88XR7

Reply #1
"This car is the XR7 without the badges, Ford made them this way for Insurance reasons." Is this true? or?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice looking 88XR7

Reply #2
Quote from: FirstBird;406037
"This car is the XR7 without the badges, Ford made them this way for Insurance reasons." Is this true? or?

No, there are several differences between the XR7 and the LS.  These would include the quadra-shocks in the rear, steering rack ratio, I believe larger sway bars and stiffer suspension. As for the ol' "insurance" rhetoric, this wasn't the late 60's anymore, so insurance had little, and more than likely NOTHING, to do with the marketing of these cars in 1987.

Nice looking 88XR7

Reply #3
According to the VIN listed  ....1MEBM62......  it is an XR-7

Nice looking 88XR7

Reply #4
Car looks 100% correct and the price is right.  If anyone's interested I would advise contacting the owner after the auction (I don't think it will sell) and negotiate for a private sale.  It's a buyer's market this close to the Holiday and in the middle of Winter.  Not many are thinking of taking on more debt or a project car this time of year.

Nice looking 88XR7

Reply #5
It looks at bit beat on to me for a 62K car. I know it has 62K but it looks to have been used quite a bit (dirty underhood, worn driver's seat bolster, clear coat peeling on the wheels).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Nice looking 88XR7

Reply #6
Quote from: thunderjet302;406071
It looks at bit beat on to me for a 62K car. I know it has 62K but it looks to have been used quite a bit [COLOR="red"](dirty underhood[/COLOR], worn driver's seat bolster, clear coat peeling on the wheels).
Maybe because you're comparing it to your silver platter engine hahaha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice looking 88XR7

Reply #7
It just seems a little rough around th edges for only 62K, at least to me.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.