Skip to main content
Topic: 5.0 ho ecu..computer for sale!! (Read 1432 times) previous topic - next topic

5.0 ho ecu..computer for sale!!

Reply #1
I just placed the first bid :)

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #2
That doesn't show DA-1, it has D9S....and it has the Ford number starting with E-9.....I am not certain that will work with our stuff at all.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
I think the D9S is from the Marks.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #4
These are things I need to know. My need for info is never ending.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Quote from: bryan163;404510
I just placed the first bid :)

NYCE..Good Luck..

Reply #6
Hmmm..I am positive i bought it from a Fox Body mustang parts dealer..On cool cats main website..Go to ? Um never mind..Here it is
EEC-IV 5.0 HO Computer
Here's the brains of it all, literally—the stock Mustang 5.0 computer. You should be able to find one at a salvage yard, swap meet or online for a reasonable price. Beginning in 1987 Ford began using a calibration code on each computer, with the code stamped on the top. For speed density, these are the computers that you can use (all listed for automatic transmissions):
■DA1 (1987-88 Mustang)
■DB1 (1987-88 Mustang)
■DX3 (1987 Mark VII)
■VL2 (1987 Mark VII)
■DY3 (1988 Mark VII)
■D9S (1988 Mark VII)
THESE WILL ALL FIT YOUR CARS..

Reply #7
Awesome !!! Glad to know new stuff.

Reply #8
For speed density, these are the computers that you can use (all listed for automatic transmissions):
 ■DA1 (1987-88 Mustang)
 ■DB1 (1987-88 Mustang)
 ■DX3 (1987 Mark VII)
 ■VL2 (1987 Mark VII)
 ■DY3 (1988 Mark VII)
 ■D9S (1988 Mark VII)
 THESE WILL ALL FIT YOUR CARS..

DA1 is a manual trans computer.
My 87 GT uses that one.
Shouldn't be used with autos from what I am told.

Reply #10
Quote from: mcb82gt;405611
http://www.oldfuelinjection.com/?p=17

Here you go Vinnie.  Alot of computer info.

NICE !!!! Thanks a lot.

Reply #12
D9s speed limited? Is this auction on here? I bid 1.01.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #13
there is something wrong with this thread.

one person says DA1 is for an Auto trans....

the link says DA1 is for manual trans.......

need help on this....

i have a VM1 EEC for our planned SD 5.0 swap with auto trans

Being offered a DA1 as well.

i have access to this week for free , 3) A9L's

so which way does it go.........

sticks have to use a stick EEC
AOD's can use either?

this question has been answered serveral times on may threads and i cant find a one of them.

Reply #14
I used a DA-1 in my Thunderbird with an auotmatic transmission for a few years. It's fine.

The DA-1 is supposed to eb the best Speed Density ECM. The A9L is a Mass Air ECM.