Skip to main content
Topic: Gt40 upper and lower intake manifold.. (Read 814 times) previous topic - next topic

Gt40 upper and lower intake manifold..

Reply #1
$300 starting bid seems a little high for an explorer intake manifold. I've seen them for $50.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #2
Says it will outflow the tube and the cobra intake?

He needs to quit smoking rock and wise up. They could if ported enough...but stock to stock, they're identical, or close to it.

His price indicates a serious "WTF?" reaction, as well. I bought my 2 sets for less than that...for 2 sets. lol
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #3
$50 each, all day at the local pick-a-part.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #4
Quote from: jangus;403600
$50 each, all day at the local pick-a-part.

The last ones I pulled, got 'em both for 60 bucks. The P heads were 25 each.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #5
I apologize..I had no idea of price point..Price has been adjusted..Thankyou

Reply #6
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;403596
Says it will outflow the tube and the cobra intake?

FWIW:
The GT40 family of upper intakes varies pretty wildly in flow.
The top performers are the stock 93 Cobra and 94/95 Cobra versions.
The Lightning/tubular version does not have a high peak flow, but it's rpm range is very broad and flat compared to the others, which makes it great in it's own right.
The Exploder versions are the lowest flowing uppers by far, but still better than the stock 5.0 style Fox intakes any day.

The u-pulls here are always well stocked with V8 Exploders, and my buddy who works at one says they go for $30-$50 bux each, depending on the mood of the counter guy.

Reply #7
Another thing you have to remember is, this one has been cleaned, painted, comes with new gasket, and you don't have to go through all the work of pulling it off. With that said, I've gotten a bunch of these from my local u-pull yard. They charge $14 for the lower and $14 for the upper.
1986 TC 100% stock
1983 TC modded (sold) :(
"nitrous is for guys who can't build motors"

Reply #8
I wish people would advertise Explorer intakes as Explorer intakes. When I see GT-40 Intake I always think of the original tubular design. I know theyre basically the same thing but Explorer intakes don't do it for me.