Skip to main content
Topic: New guy (Read 1319 times) previous topic - next topic

New guy

here is a pic of my 1983 thunderbird. i have owned it for six years and have done a lot of work to her (lol) , it still has the org. paint and interior (except for carpet and seats (i put seats out of a 2008 suburu WRX in) it now has a little over 46,000 original miles on the OD, i am the second owner

New guy

Reply #1
Welcome! Looks clean, whats it got under the hood? and how did the Wrx seats fit in the bird? More pictures is always great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New guy

Reply #2
Nice Thunderbird :). Welcome.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New guy

Reply #3
Nice. I'd love to see how the seats look in there.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

New guy

Reply #4
Welcome aboard and glad to have another 4 eyed fox t-bird on here friend. :headbang:

New guy

Reply #5
Awesome looking car.  I too would love to see an interior shot with those WRX buckets.  I assume with those huge meats on the back its no longer the stock powertrain?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

New guy

Reply #6
Welcome nice bird

New guy

Reply #7
Welcome aboard.......I'm thinking that we need some more pics
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

New guy

Reply #8
Welcome !!! Great looking car. More info on the details....engine, tranny, mods, etc.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New guy

Reply #9
Nice car, and WELCOME.

Im in for more pics too!
Mike

New guy

Reply #10

New guy

Reply #11
Quick list of what i have done to my car:

Engine- 91 block stroked to a 347 with ford SVO aluminum heads (ported to the max) with a little NOS
Trans- C4 with all ATI stuff (no break) with a 3400-3800 stall 9 1/2" ArtCarr convertor
Rear- detroit locker 31 spline with 4.10 gears with moser axles and c-clip elm. with Maximum Motorsports adjustable lower and upper control arms and also a UPR anti roll bar

New guy

Reply #12
, I want those seats! Who built your motor and how much did you spend?

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

New guy

Reply #13
I built my own motor and the seats might be for sale here soon

New guy

Reply #14
Very Cool!!!