Skip to main content
Topic: Yup. I bought another one. (Read 1471 times) previous topic - next topic

Yup. I bought another one.

1982 Fairmont Futura(?? has emblems on fenders)
5.0 Coyote
5R55 trans

.....not so much

3.3L I6/ C4(or 3 or 5???)
96,000 miles

I still have the '79 that my wife is driving. This '82 needs a few small things, but isn't a huge issue. Runs good and is 100% unmolested. Still has the factory cat. Only plans right now is to replace the exhaust and replace the radio/speakers.

1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #2
looks like you found a new addiction!  I have always liked these cars myself
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

Reply #3
This is one is the wife's. Not much modding. So far I've replaced a ball joint, heater core, and the ler with a stock replacement. It is super quiet. :-(
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Reply #4
Oddly....the 3.3 is a great long lived engine...(no power which you already know that)  If you cut 2 cylinders off it becomes the Tempo 2.3 ohv....who knew.  I would hope that car would have a C4.  But it could be a C3.  Need to check the tranny pan for quick ID.

Good luck,

Travis

Reply #5
Nice score :).

I'm convinced that more of these cars haven't been saved because the I6 K-member has to be swapped out to drop a 302/351 in.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
Or you can use F150 mounts. But I have no intentions on swapping motors on this car.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Reply #7
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;403287
Or you can use F150 mounts. But I have no intentions on swapping motors on this car.

I didn't know you could do that. Using F-150 mounts is easier than swapping a K-member.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
Nice find!
My daughter in law has that car's exact twin!

Your sig has a great 4 door.
I have never seen a 4 door that nice!

My son has a 2 door Futura with most of the mechanical parts replaced with Fox Mustang parts.
It needs lots of cosmetic work though.

F150 engine mounts are your friend when you have a 3.3 K-member! ;)

Reply #9
Quote from: thunderjet302;403284
I'm convinced that more of these cars haven't been saved because the I6 K-member has to be swapped out to drop a 302/351 in.

It's unfortunate that this myth persists.
People take it for truth, and that most likely has caused some 3.3 cars to perish. :(