Skip to main content
Topic: power door locks "auto lock" (Read 2924 times) previous topic - next topic

power door locks "auto lock"

Reply #30
There are two easy ways to deactivate the autolock. Either enter the code in the owner's manual to deactivate it or just unplug the wiring to the sensor under the driver's seat. That will do it as well.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

power door locks "auto lock"

Reply #31
Quote from: CatManDude;405742
According to my manual, the dome light is supposed to activate the locks,

I noticed THIS too by accident awhile back in my 20th!! WTF, over? :rollin: I rolled the dash dimmer all the way up until it clicked and turned the map lights right behind the windshield on (car has no domelight due to the moonroof) and the autolock activated. I cannot determine the reasoning behind this. So now if it's dark outside and the bad guy now KNOWS you're in there, he can see you and your belongings now and has an even greater incentive to just smash your window, knock you out, take your stuff, and leave you with a PITA mess to clean up? LOL
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane