Skip to main content
Topic: New guy saying hi y'all (Read 1278 times) previous topic - next topic

New guy saying hi y'all

New guy to the forum wanted to say howdy. Just recently bought a 86 5.0/aod elan thunderbird. 95K miles in pretty good shate about a 7 of 10. Light blue almost looks like mustang reggata blue. Blue interior, power everything, cruise, digital dash etc etc.

Not knew to the FOX chassis as I have had a few mustangs over the years (Saleen, Pace car, SVOs etc etc).

Plans for the car are daily driver with the occasional open track day. Going to build another 86 mustang for a dedicated track car/weekend driver.

Parts I have collected are.

HO cam.
HO upper intake and throttle body.
Kenny brown G load brace.
Strut tower brace (SN95 not sure if its going to work)
MSD 6Al
Stock HO headers that have been ceramic coated.
Non catted H-pipe
3.73 rear end with SVO brakes.
SVO front brakes
Bilsteins for the front.
Mustang brake booster.

And a few other odds and ends.

Still need to collect parts for the T5 swap and find a set of springs along with a mustang ECU and 19lb injectors. Going to hit the JY in a few months.

Have not decided on wheels yet. Thinking 94-95 cobra wheels.

I wont tear too deep into it yet until I grab a third car. right now the wife is driving my 03 ram spoogemins and I am pimping the bird

Anyway just wanted to say Hi and I recognize a few names from FEP

later

kyle

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #1
Welcome.... Your gonna need some pictures of the old girl. Everyone else will be looking for them.
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #2
Welcome to the forum. Nice start on parts gathering. The SN-95 brace won't fit. But, you an always find a brace for a Fox somewhere. They are all over. Pics are necessary, and keep everyone posted on the progress of the car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #3
Welcome!!!

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #4
Welcome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #5
Welcome. Get that camera out!

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #6
Evil86lx,
          Welcome! Definitely looks like you have some plans to make your bird fly. Sure wish I could have found some Bilsteins for my 86 Cougar. 95k is pretty nice for an 86! I'm just a rookie, but there's a lot of good information and help here. Enjoy!!

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #9
Welcome aboard!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #10
Welcome.  Sounds like a great plan!
Mike

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #11
Welcome!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #12
We just moved into a new house and everything is still packed away. Once I find the camera and laptop I will take some pics.

Thanks guys

kyle

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #13
Welcome.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

New guy saying hi y'all

Reply #14
:D

hehe Welcome! :P
...and there was light!