Skip to main content
Topic: TC parts (Read 681 times) previous topic - next topic

TC parts

My nephew is purchasing a TC. I think it is an 88. He will be taking the engine for his Mustang. I will be taking the rear end for my 88 LX Bird. I am also intrested in swapping out the HVAC. I hate my ATC. Swapping out my Auto headlamps is a possibility as well. The auto dimmers never work, and I would like to use my brights on occasion. Any other ideas on TC parts I could make use of on my LX? I don't know what condition the car is in and assume the body is . It has been in a field in Nebraska for years. Rust may be an issue.

TC parts

Reply #1
If the body is beyond repair, tell him to carefully strip every single thing he can, with an eye towards being able to put it all back together.  Almost everything can be used including clips, screws, switches, harnesses, seats, seat tracks, interior panels, emblems, brackets, etc.  Tell him to take lots and lots of pictures.  Eventually, he'll get down to the bare chassis at which point you might want to suggest to him that he carefully cut out ANY salvageable sheetmetal.

Yes, there are things that can be trashed too, like used up bushings, ragged carpets, belts, hoses, etc... BUT thee items were designed to be replaced.  If you have ever found it difficult to locate a particular bracket, clip or piece of sheet metal, you can easily imagine the potential market. 

Good Luck!

TC parts

Reply #2
Where in Nebraska was it stored? Just curious.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.