Skip to main content
Topic: exploder upper/lower and heads wanted (Read 678 times) previous topic - next topic

exploder upper/lower and heads wanted

zip 24941
ph 304 772 3411

ask  for scott

for my son's 88bird

Reply #1
I may go to the yard this weekend....do you want internal or external egr?
(external egr would be like a stock tbird style..)

I've got a set of P heads, but shipping them would be expensive, intakes are a lot lighter. :)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #2
external egr
shipping costs not an issue.

this will be a minor upgrade for him.

Reply #3
bump for santa day coming soon????

help anyone

Reply #5
I've got a set of GT40 heads (not p) and an upper/lower intake (96 lower, 98+ upper). But again, shipping would be a bit.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #6
I sold the GT40Ps I had but I do have an internal EGR Explorer upper and lower. The internal style is the same style that the 5.0 T-birds and Cougars use stock. My guess is it would be about $40-$50 to ship them to you.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
yo thunderjet, pm sent

i appreciate it.

anyone with GT40 or P heads, ping me or call 304 772 3411,,, trying to put together something here

Reply #8
can someone explain to me the terms of internal / external egr

i assumed something but based on what thunderjet said, im confussed.

Reply #9
Here's a good thread on Corral (particularly Michael Yount's contribution) regarding internal vs external.  Essentially, the early GT40 intakes (96-97.5 and until they ran out of these intakes before changing over to GT40P-specific upper, lower) were internal, with EGR coming from a passage in the exhaust crossover port on the lower.  Later external ones had the EGR coming from a line out of one of the exhaust manifolds.
Daniel

Reply #10
Our stock type on these cars would be considered a internal EGR.
Mike

Reply #11
Yep, but if anyone ever wants to delete the EGR, a swap to the external EGR intake is a quick way to do it. :D