Skip to main content
Topic: I think tom Renzo departed us (Read 1823 times) previous topic - next topic

I think tom Renzo departed us

i sure hope not, will call him later today

Quote from: TOM Renzo;399339

302 last post for me on this forum. Seems like we have common interests other than cars!!! LOL!!!

Reply #1
What do you mean by left us? He is still alive right? Now who pissed him off, Sometimes I think that man takes shiznit to seriously, He's a good guy in my opinion, If that means anything.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2
J got your call. Busy with the OFF road guys. They go hunting this time of year and break a lot of diffs. 302 pounded the  OUT OF ME.I did not appreciate that.  Hay i will call you getting in some more stuff from VENDORS. Wanted to send you some of those indicators. Thanks. How is that project coming along!!! Drop a dime on me during the week. Thanks!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #3
cool, your still posting.
working on my 20th anny heat exchanger project... should be done tomorrow morning with enough time to rip it out if it does not work, then head up to cleveland again.

Reply #4
Cool i figured 302 did not post his ride. So i guess his rant about my LS stuff is MOOT as i would love to see his FORD stuff. Not that i am that kind of person but dont throw stones if you live in a glass house. With that what the heck are you doing in OHIO ???
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Reply #5
Poor Tom. He left this world too early. He still had one or two good years left in him. He will be missed. God bless you Tom............wherever you are.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
You know, it's almost as if poor ol' Tom was still here....posting like he used to. Like he never left.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #7
Quote from: vinnietbird;399475
Poor Tom. He left this world too early. He still had one or two good years left in him. He will be missed. God bless you Tom............wherever you are.

:laughing:  :rollin:  :laughing:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #8
Tom,
        You can't go anywhere, my car isn't done yet! If you do decide to take a dirt nap, we'll just have wake you and pick your brain anyway. Albert Einstein knew too much, look what they did to him....

Reply #9
Tom, I'd post my stuff, but it's nothing exciting. Just an '88 Sport with mismatched doors, trunk, and hood. Has a 5.0HO and a noisy T5...no LS and T56 like you'd prefer ;)

I've got a build thread..I'll post a couple of new pics and bump it just for you. Didn't mean to sound like I verbally kicked your ass...sometimes the LS references wear a little thin, is all.
Glad to see your still around.
(start a build thread on the Coyote Project...please!)
:)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #10
OK i get it. The Mustang is being built but the owner is not up to date on finances. So it goes on hold. Also the summer is always busy and some of these projects are drawn out. With that i would like to say that cars are cars. Some of the examples i use with chevys cross over to Ford as well. Like the LT1 issue. I could have easily said it was a ford engine to satisfy the site. But i do not like to do that. Honestly we do more chevys than FORD. But a car is a car and that is that. Right now i finished a JEEP that came out outrageous and i just did a final drive rebuild. Once again all diffs are all alike and their procedures are basically the same. So i will no longer bore you guys with LS stuff and respect the site which is a BLUE OVAL SITE. Thanks!!

EXAMPLE here is a pinion gear i installed in a JEEP 8.25. I use a .010 shim behind the original crush sleeve. This saves me the trouble and hassle of crushing a new sleeve and that is hard to do. So i use a shim and it is much easier. I do things like this to make life easier and have good outcome and a properly installed pinion gear with the correct pre-load. Weather Ford Chevy Or jeep ETC it is all the same and that is THAT!!! Notice the polished front bearing surface. I polish the gear to make assembly easier. The front bearing should slide on easily with a slight drag. This is an example of tricks i do that i can pass on. Or take them to my grave. YOUR CHOICE 302. Been doing this for 48 years. Something had to RUB OFF I GUESS??? Thanks

Reply #11
Vinny one of us is possessed. Or both. This is for you. I cant stand dirty parts. Here is my front DIFF of my TYPHOON. Rebuilt 100% and painted and polished. We do have a fancy for CLEAN PARTS. Thanks Tom!!

Reply #12
Thanks Tom, and, I'm glad you're still alive. LOL.

Reply #13
The SyTy's came out before they should have...a few years later, and they would have been huge. I'd take one of each.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #14
They do move along the pavement!!!!

0-60 in 4 seconds IN THE RAIN!!!!